Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Paint Code 96 T/A

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 07:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Code 96 T/A

Searched the forum and paintscratch.com along with google and cant seem to find it.

My Door and Glove box stickers are gone.. But the car is what I think would be called Bright Rally Red. But when I go to places like www.automotivetouchup.com it shows two different codes for bright red... 81 and WA8774 are they the same?

Thanks
Old 08-05-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Code 81 is the GM paint code. Call a Chevy or Pontiac dealership and ask them what the PPG paint code is and they'll probably tell you the WA number, which I'm pretty sure IS WA8774.

If you're getting a full repaint, you might want to go with a custom color of red, just to have something a little more special. Bright Red was the 2nd highest production color. Corvette Torch Red used to be popular, though I can't even tell the difference between it and Bright Red. I think it's slightly less orange.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Code 81 is the GM paint code. Call a Chevy or Pontiac dealership and ask them what the PPG paint code is and they'll probably tell you the WA number, which I'm pretty sure IS WA8774.

If you're getting a full repaint, you might want to go with a custom color of red, just to have something a little more special. Bright Red was the 2nd highest production color. Corvette Torch Red used to be popular, though I can't even tell the difference between it and Bright Red. I think it's slightly less orange.
Brangeta is correct WA8774 is Bright rally red and the code for Torch red is WA9075 which could also be what you have.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Torch red was a Corvette only color---it wasn't on f-bodies at least. Check out my site in my sig and you can see every f-body color in the production section. I focus only on Camaros, but I suppose I could be a nice guy and add the yellow Pontiac colors... I just don't have the production info for them or the paint codes.

Last edited by Brangeta; 08-05-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys...