Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

ebay fornt bumpers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 06:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation ebay fornt bumpers?

anybody know anything about these bumpers from D&H AUTO PARTS?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...Q5fAccessories

i have some damage on my front bumper and im looking to get it fixed. these bumpers on ebay seem pretty cheap and they paint them for you too. any input guys? thx
Old 09-21-2009, 06:16 AM
EW1
Launching!

I bought a front bumper for my Dodge Nitro from these guys and had it painted. THe bumper fit perfectly. As for the paint, quality was ok, when I put it on the car, you could tell it was replaced, seemed like they did not spray a clear coat on. You are better off getting it painted locally.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get it sprayed locally, you'll be better off. If you have them paint it and it comes in looking bad you'll have all kinds of fun shipping it back and forth getting it corrected.

I bought a bumper online prepainted for my DD, didnt look too bad other than not being an exact match but 6 months later it started to bubble and peel. I ended up taking it off and getting it repainted by a local shop that does great work. I could have sent it back for a repaint because it was still under warranty, but who is to say they wouldnt screw it up again? then the shipping charges would start to add up. If a local shop screws up getting it fixed is a lot easier. My local shop did a much better job and matched the color perfectly, two years later the paint still looks as good as it did the day they painted it.

FYI the bumper I got was a new OEM Toyota bumper that was painted by the company I got it from. According to the shop I had repaint it the company did hardly any prep work to it, that and they didnt even use primer in some spots. Underneath where the paint peeled off it was shiny black plastic with no primer at all. Stay away from ebay seller theonlinebodyshop, they had good feedback when I went through them so I thought I was safe.

Last edited by 4150; 09-21-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

nice thx for the responds guys!
Old 09-21-2009, 11:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought one from them for my '94 Camaro about 2 months ago. Fit perfect, and it was even a perfect paint match. The only complaint that I had, was that I stressed to them, that I wanted the areas around the headlights, and grille area painted black, and paid for the 2-tone paint, and they didn't do it. They did give me a refund for it, but, I would've preferred it to be painted that way. Other than that, I couldn't have been any happier with it.

Last edited by tspence45; 09-21-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

not bad at all!

Quick Reply: ebay fornt bumpers?