Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Door weatherstriping popping off?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 03:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door weatherstriping popping off?!

How do I fix this it keeps popping out all the time, passenger and driver doors. I put it back it seats then pops out again like not fully seated and sometimes it will pop out fully.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've got the same problem. On mine the clips are worn out that hold it onto the door. Only way to fix it right is to get new clips and take the door apart to fix it.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:41 AM
On The Tree

I had the same problem and the clips where broken also.
I ordered a new whole rubber stip from GM and the clips where different but it went on and have not had anymore problems.
The bitch is you have to take the door panel (inside) off and remove your rear view mirror to put the new one on.
Make note where the bolts that hold the rear view mirror and the frame for the window track are.
When you put the mirror back on make sure the window rolles up in the right spot ( making good contact with the weatherstriping all the way around) before you put the inside door panel back on as it can be a bitch to get realined.

Last edited by slickone; 10-05-2009 at 09:44 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 04-13-2010, 11:06 AM

that helps ty ~goes back to remove the mirror~ i wonder if the clips can be squeezed to grip again because they dont appear to be broken