Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Shaved Center Hatch Key Hole

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shaved Center Hatch Key Hole

I saw another guy try this out a few weeks back, so I thought what the hell, I have nothing else to do right now, lets go for it. Anyways, this was a little more work then I thought it would be, but what isn't. Although, this was my first attempt at body work, so I must say I'm pretty pleased with the results. Is it excellent work, not even near it, but it's a confidence builder for sure. Because I've always wanted to do some wet sanding, and this was a perfect opportunity to do some small area work.

I also tinted my tail lights, but I'm not happy with the results there yet. I haven't wet sanded those, so they're a little bumpy, but they'll do for now. Not like I'll be driving the car from now until next April. Anyways, pictures.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good.
Any pics of the process?
Old 11-23-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

i applaud you. looks very nice. good to see more people trying it out, it really cleans it up, which i think is a must for everybody who decides to remove the bird decal and all- because it just stands out way too much. i've now done my T/A and my brothers camaro and im thinking about shaving my camaro and then sending it to the shop for paint.

are you going to do anything with the 3rd brake light?

Last edited by crimson_bird; 11-23-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for applause.

What kind of progress pictures are you looking for? I really don't have much. Just took a few pictures of the hole being filled, then after sanding.

Quick Reply: Shaved Center Hatch Key Hole