Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

headlight mounting problems??

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default headlight mounting problems??

I have to camaros and both of the seem like the headlights are just all wrong.. both of the were in a front end crash and where repaired.. Now i seen on of my buddys cars and his sets totally different than mine he has a gap between his bumper and the headlights about 1/4" gap. Can any.one either tell me whats going on or post pics of ur headlights and bumpers.. please help me out driving me crazy
Old 01-03-2010, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

bump anyone ????
Old 01-03-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just making sure i'm getting this right but your issue is that your headlights have no gap between the bumper and your friends HAVE a gap? I'm not trying to be rude here but your wording is very hard to understand.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

ya mine is really tight against the bumper and the rubber seal wont stay behind the the bumper and i have looked everything over asd i dont see anything wrong i have taken to a body shop and he reinstalled everything and it looks the same idk
Old 01-03-2010, 10:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

from my experience, and from another similar thread a whike back, i'm pretty sure your lights are just adjusted for a different height. if yours are closer, they are most likely pointed higher off the ground than his, and vice versa. and since you say the rubber's actually sticking out of the bumper, im assuming yours are pointed quite high. check that out. there are 2 screw for adjusting the height of the lights, play with them a llittle bit and see what you can do. if thats not the case, i'm not sure.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on checking the headlight aim.

Also how do your other gaps look as far as hood to bumper, fender gaps etc. If the front end is swung over from an accident it will be obvious if you look at the old bolt witness marks on the hood. If the hood has been moved over because of a bent frame, radiator support, etc. there will be old bolt head marks on the hood hinges. Naturally there are other ways to tell if the front end is swung over but the hood and hood hinges is the simplest most basic method.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

thanks i go check it out pics of ur car by any chance

Quick Reply: headlight mounting problems??