Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

weather stripping

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weather stripping

im not sure if this is the right place to put this,but,i need a discontinued part from GM. it is called the "auxiliary weatherstrip with reveal moulding". GM part number 10306248. the dealer said it show them in stock,but the warehouse has none. he said best bet was the web. so,here i am. its basically the weatherstripping for the rear glass.does anyone have any ideas where i might be able to find this thing? maybe a new on shelf warehouse or something? the glass seal lifted around the bottom,and Safe Lite Glass sealed it,but it wasnt pulled out and done proper. let me know anything you can.
thanx in advance,David
Old 10-17-2010, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 96SSDG
im not sure if this is the right place to put this,but,i need a discontinued part from GM. it is called the "auxiliary weatherstrip with reveal moulding". GM part number 10306248. the dealer said it show them in stock,but the warehouse has none. he said best bet was the web. so,here i am. its basically the weatherstripping for the rear glass.does anyone have any ideas where i might be able to find this thing? maybe a new on shelf warehouse or something? the glass seal lifted around the bottom,and Safe Lite Glass sealed it,but it wasnt pulled out and done proper. let me know anything you can.
thanx in advance,David
Are you talking about #7 in this illustration? If so it's the weatherstrip and can be had at gmpartsdirect.com for $75.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you prefer an OEM part, ask your local dealer if they will search other dealer's inventories in their region. They will be able to give you a printout of dealers (with phone #'s) that have the part(s) listed in stock.

That's what I did when I wanted a back-up set of OEM C5 mats ... they are no longer manufactured ... but I was able to get them for about 30% off MSRP. Some of the dealers (the smart ones, anyway) will want to move OLD inventory - and sell to you at cost (+/-).

Good luck whichever way you go.

Quick Reply: weather stripping