Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Rocker Panel Gap

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker Panel Gap

I wanted to get some input on the best way to get this taken care of.
There is a gap on my passenger side ground effect that I think was caused my the previous owner scraping it at some point. I'm not sure if it is something that I can adjust, or if I need to replace the panel.

Also, it looks like either someone jacked the wrong spot, or smashed this up pretty good at some point. It isn't something anyone would notice cosmetically, but it shows that something happened(popped a curb, maybe?)

The panel itself isn't cracked at all. I think it is slightly bent but barely. Any suggestions?

Last edited by StreetLethal; 10-22-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Your pictures aren't working for me. If the seam where the side skirt mounts is bent, just bend it back with a pair of channel locks. keep bending it until the skirt and the fender are even with the door again.
I think that is what you are saying the problem is. Also if a tab breaks on the side skirt it will sag, I had to drill a new hole for a tab on my passenger side.

Good Luck, hope that helps some.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Hartje
Your pictures aren't working for me. If the seam where the side skirt mounts is bent, just bend it back with a pair of channel locks. keep bending it until the skirt and the fender are even with the door again.
I think that is what you are saying the problem is. Also if a tab breaks on the side skirt it will sag, I had to drill a new hole for a tab on my passenger side.

Good Luck, hope that helps some.
Thanks for the advice. The pics show it clearly...not sure why they aren't working for ya. I think I'm gonna take the piece off and look at the tabs. I think one is bent.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

Pictures rehosted

Quick Reply: Rocker Panel Gap