0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

modern paint color poll - looking to update 4th generation Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default modern paint color poll - looking to update 4th generation Trans Am

car is currently stock arctic whote- got a cheap paint job about 2 years ago - looks decent (7 on a scale of 1-10) but I'd like to improve exterior appearance substantially, also interested in what you would consider to be the top exterior appearance modification aside from paint & wheels/tires (colors choices are in order & can be blown up if you double click them.

1 - Hugger Orange
2 - Sunset Orange Metallic (SOM)
3 - Tangelo
4- Navy Blue metallic
5- ultrasonic blue
6 – House for Kolors Cobalt Blue
Rally Stripes option (please post color combo of body & stripes in comments section)
7- alternate options - please post in comments section

Thank you in advance, I'm looking forward to your feedback & suggestions!
Attached Thumbnails modern paint color poll - looking to update 4th generation Trans Am-hugger-orange.jpg   modern paint color poll - looking to update 4th generation Trans Am-som.jpg   modern paint color poll - looking to update 4th generation Trans Am-tangelo.jpg   modern paint color poll - looking to update 4th generation Trans Am-navy-blue-metallic.jpg   modern paint color poll - looking to update 4th generation Trans Am-ultrasonic-blue.jpg  

modern paint color poll - looking to update 4th generation Trans Am-houise-kolors-cobalt-blue.jpg  
Old 11-13-2010, 12:29 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would go with option 4 or 5. i would get 5 for if you want a one of a kind.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

2 is my 1st choice since I always wanted a SOM fbody and I have arctic white also. I plan to keep my coolor but do some ppg crimson pearl ghost stripes.
I say SOM because it is a good looking color and also easy to blend if anything unfortunate ever happens like a scratch or small bumper scrape. also a lot cheaper to buy. I usually use all dupont at my shop.
Now if you have the money that HOK blue is awesome color, my.friend used the tangelo as one of the colors on his truck while nice I.don't think it is a fbody color. As far as accent stripes a gunmetal would make the paint POP in either a blackhawk style stripe or regular stripes on the RAM air hood. If you want full custom you could have the bird airbrushed on that blue.in 3 colors going from gunmetal to a dark silver.
Just my .02.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So it's orange or blue, huh? For a blue I like #5 but with orange I prefer a Tangerine Orange Candy with a silver base. But then again, Arctic White is SUCH a sharp color. I'd do some freshening up or re-do the paint, then CETA the rear bumper, remove door mouldings, mirror stainless vent grills, Corsa (or clone) dual-dual tips, lowering 1.5" front and 2.5" rear, HID projector headlights, honeycomb on reverse lenses, shave antenna, shave bumper side lenses, sand off the bird and "Trans Am" off the taillight center section, black mirrors and black sail panel, black underside of spoiler, 6LE front and side splitters, black chrome rims (I'd like C6 rims on a white car), polish calipers. While you're painting the car, don't forget to paint and clear the engine bay!
Old 11-15-2010, 09:38 AM
TECH Regular

I'd go with 5 & 6 looks badass & there be another Blue Bird

Last edited by ls1jorge; 11-15-2010 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Added 6
Old 11-15-2010, 09:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

either #2 or #5.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:28 AM
TECH Addict

3 or 5
Old 11-16-2010, 02:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I would go for one of the blues...I would never paint a nice white car a stock color...seems like a waste to me.

I hate orange and love dark blues, wish I had the cash to do my car in either of those last 2 blues.

Used to be 96 corvette blue:

Old 11-16-2010, 07:02 PM
12 Second Club

cyclone gray metallic on the gtos is pretty badass they had some other good ones too
Old 11-16-2010, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Color is such a hard decision for me.. I over-think the situation..

Myself, I own a red and SOM camaro.. I love SOM.. camaros are a dime a dozen.. but SOM vehicles are very few and far in between (atleast in my area).

i've also had an interest in Navy blue metallic.. before I got my SOM car, I actually had intentions on getting a NBM but ran up on the SOM instead..

Well, I know I haven't really helped with the decision much.. so I will say either NBM or SOM for a factory look.. or a lighter blue.. such as the blue camaro below.. (btw, I apologize for not knowing the name of the color.. but it is quite awesome though.. and this is not my car.. I found this picture on the net).

Good luck with your decision!

Old 11-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Internet Mechanic

Though I like a lot of them, most have become trendy and over used. There was a thread about Kandy Hellfire which I thought looked killer. Some GM paints like Jet Stream Blue also really get me interested.

Build Thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...thread-18.html

Last edited by BlackScreaminMachine; 11-17-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RyanJM
2 is my 1st choice since I always wanted a SOM fbody and I have arctic white also. I plan to keep my coolor but do some ppg crimson pearl ghost stripes.
I say SOM because it is a good looking color and also easy to blend if anything unfortunate ever happens like a scratch or small bumper scrape. also a lot cheaper to buy. I usually use all dupont at my shop.
Now if you have the money that HOK blue is awesome color, my.friend used the tangelo as one of the colors on his truck while nice I.don't think it is a fbody color. As far as accent stripes a gunmetal would make the paint POP in either a blackhawk style stripe or regular stripes on the RAM air hood. If you want full custom you could have the bird airbrushed on that blue.in 3 colors going from gunmetal to a dark silver.
Just my .02.
I wish your shop was closer - I can tell your creative & would guess you've dome some great work
Old 11-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for responding to my post- ls1jorge what type of blue is that you used to paint your car?
Old 11-17-2010, 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cyber Grey Metallic = sex. Subtle, but still stands out.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Junkie

I picked hugger orange. I can probably count on one hand how many vehicles I've seen painted that color.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bossho
car is currently stock arctic whote- got a cheap paint job about 2 years ago - looks decent (7 on a scale of 1-10) but I'd like to improve exterior appearance substantially, also interested in what you would consider to be the top exterior appearance modification aside from paint & wheels/tires (colors choices are in order & can be blown up if you double click them.

1 - Hugger Orange
2 - Sunset Orange Metallic (SOM)
3 - Tangelo
4- Navy Blue metallic
5- ultrasonic blue
6 – House for Kolors Cobalt Blue
Rally Stripes option (please post color combo of body & stripes in comments section)
7- alternate options - please post in comments section

Thank you in advance, I'm looking forward to your feedback & suggestions!
IMO... I would keep it Arctic White!!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:39 AM
TECH Regular

Smile the oranges are sweetness

SOM or hugger orange. the blues are pretty colors, but there's too many camaro's running around with different shades of blues.
I'm debating on painting my lt1 SS hugger orange with a black manta.
post pics when you choose
Old 12-07-2010, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Cyber grey metallic is the best modern color if you want subtle, for more stand out what do you think of Lexus Matador Red Mica?
Attached Thumbnails modern paint color poll - looking to update 4th generation Trans Am-zr1.jpg   modern paint color poll - looking to update 4th generation Trans Am-clean_is-f_01h.jpg  
Old 12-19-2010, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LE35thSS
either #2 or #5.
Quoted for truth
Old 01-26-2011, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by areax
Color is such a hard decision for me.. I over-think the situation..

Myself, I own a red and SOM camaro.. I love SOM.. camaros are a dime a dozen.. but SOM vehicles are very few and far in between (atleast in my area).

i've also had an interest in Navy blue metallic.. before I got my SOM car, I actually had intentions on getting a NBM but ran up on the SOM instead..

Well, I know I haven't really helped with the decision much.. so I will say either NBM or SOM for a factory look.. or a lighter blue.. such as the blue camaro below.. (btw, I apologize for not knowing the name of the color.. but it is quite awesome though.. and this is not my car.. I found this picture on the net).

Good luck with your decision!

Looks like Electron Blue to me.

Quick Reply: modern paint color poll - looking to update 4th generation Trans Am