Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

filling holes in front bumper.....how to??

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 09:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default filling holes in front bumper.....how to??

i have three nickel sized holes in the bottom of my front bumper that i would like to fix but the only problem is.............i have never done any kind of body work!

these holes were burned through by two fog light bulbs (dont ask) and i would like to fix them myself and then have the whole cover repaintied as i have a guy who will repaint it for me

also i was wondering how hard it would be to fill i the license plate holder on the front to give it more of a sleek look

any help and or advice would be appreciated
Old 12-14-2010, 10:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go to an autobody supply and get a bumper repair kit. That is what you would use. The hole is pretty big to patch but it is possible. I have used it for LARGE cracks and it worked perfect.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:09 PM
10 Second Club

what about filling in the license plate holder?
Old 12-14-2010, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sprung_monkey
what about filling in the license plate holder?
That is going to take A LOT of work. I would try to find an after market bumper that doesn't have it.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mcalus
That is going to take A LOT of work. I would try to find an after market bumper that doesn't have it.
Yes, it def. will be alot of work, but it is possible. I don't know how durable they are when they blend it in but I have seen it done.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 9t8z28
Yes, it def. will be alot of work, but it is possible. I don't know how durable they are when they blend it in but I have seen it done.
With the bumper being made of a very flexible plastic and any filling material being hard fiberglass/tiger hair/bondo ect. I would say yes, it could be done...BUT there is no way in hell it wouldnt crack. I wanted the same thing, but said the hell with it after thinking about it for a second. Which lead me to do something a little different that you should think about. I simply shaved the bird of the front of my license plate cover.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Banned

Q-bond.............used it on a fender it 3 places..........like superglue, but 100 times stronger and has 2 types of filler " powders ". Hardens like concrete, sands like fiberglass. Dry's in 10 seconds. Will burn your finger instantly, I know....Did a research on urethane bumpers & fenders. Fiberglass repair will apparently delaminate over time on urethane..........

Quick Reply: filling holes in front bumper.....how to??