Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Need opinions! Changing color

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need opinions! Changing color

Well ive always wanted a white LS1 car but have always had black. In the next couple months i plan on painting my black car white. Heres where i need opinions. I plan on painting the door jams and hatch jams but under the hood will remain black. I plan on getting a VFN sunoco hood when it gets painted. I was thinking since the underside of the hood would be like a flatish black and the rest of the engine bay would be a flatish black from factory it would match. As for the exterior i planned on leaving the grille black, matte black sunoco stripes, roof black, dark window tint, whistler headlights, painted berger panel with stainless inserts and possibly some powdercoated black zr1 wheels. Do yall think this would be a good combo? Should i change anything?
Old 12-22-2010, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zach79Z
Well ive always wanted a white LS1 car but have always had black. In the next couple months i plan on painting my black car white. Heres where i need opinions. I plan on painting the door jams and hatch jams but under the hood will remain black. I plan on getting a VFN sunoco hood when it gets painted. I was thinking since the underside of the hood would be like a flatish black and the rest of the engine bay would be a flatish black from factory it would match. As for the exterior i planned on leaving the grille black, matte black sunoco stripes, roof black, dark window tint, whistler headlights, painted berger panel with stainless inserts and possibly some powdercoated black zr1 wheels. Do yall think this would be a good combo? Should i change anything?
See sig......
Old 12-23-2010, 04:30 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is white I was also thinking of painting engine bay black,white gets dirty fast
Old 12-23-2010, 04:33 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know I have to paint the under side of my 3 inch ss hood its pretty rough under there
Old 12-23-2010, 07:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

just paint the hood white, you can leave everything else you want black. But it must be the same color as the car.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love white too.... I wouldn't leave the roof or mirrors black. Make em white too. Satin engine bay, satin berger panel, satin sunoco stripes will be the perfect offset. IMO! What color white you going with?
Old 12-24-2010, 07:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

I really want to make my black car into a Bright Purple Metallic LT1 SS clone. Probably not too many of them runnin around.

Quick Reply: Need opinions! Changing color