Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Making my car "not so red" ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 10:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Making my car "not so red" ???

Wondering what others have done to maybe add something to the paint to make the overall car not as bright or not so one dimensional... Maybe adding some black airbrushing to the front end without having to repaint the ENTIRE car... If I went with a candy apple red, I would have to repaint the ENTIRE car. Engine compartment, strip the car down to the body and repaint it. I don't want to do that. Too much work. I LOVE a blood red or deep dark red.

I've seen a couple flame jobs on the front end, but not sure I like that yet. -Prolly gotta see it in person.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:51 AM
Staging Lane

put some black hockey stick stripes on the side
Old 12-24-2010, 08:41 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about some black flames?

I just had some flames added to my car to change things around a little and I like how it turned out....

How about a pic of your car to give us an idea of what you have....from the sig pic looks like a Very Nice ride

Matt
Old 12-24-2010, 08:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Hmmm.. Yeah.. I forgot about this thread. Filthy in these pics. The only somewhat decent ones I have. I'll have to do a photoshop of some hockey stripes. Unless someone is feelin froggy. I'm dead tired tonight.

I really don't like this view of the front end. (Makes me want a WS6)

Last edited by bayer-z28; 12-24-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

35th anni stripes probably break up the the red.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:20 PM
9 Second Club

I had flames added to the black part of my hood....however that won't really help the red out...

I personally think your car look good the way it is and if you do too much it will clash with the black SS ram air...

I would go with Black door handles ,mirrors and smoke your front bumper lights if it was me and rock it...
Old 12-24-2010, 10:24 PM
TECH Veteran

^ Oh those hood flames are badass!! I've gotta get my hood redone. I painted it and it looks fine form a distance, but when you get close you notice my nasty tape line. I didn't look into how to NOT have a tape line when I painted the hood. I was thinking about redoing the hood, keeping the black but seeing if they can add some air brushing for the edge. Maybe some flames.

I would love the 35th stripes, but not sure. I'm a little uncomfortable with that.. Not being an 02 and all... or a 35th anni. (I'm a bit of a purist, to an extent)

I was also thinking about doing a cowl hood and just leaving the whole hood black. Not sure if that would look "unfinished" or not.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:12 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
^ Oh those hood flames are badass!! I've gotta get my hood redone. I painted it and it looks fine form a distance, but when you get close you notice my nasty tape line. I didn't look into how to NOT have a tape line when I painted the hood. I was thinking about redoing the hood, keeping the black but seeing if they can add some air brushing for the edge. Maybe some flames.

I would love the 35th stripes, but not sure. I'm a little uncomfortable with that.. Not being an 02 and all... or a 35th anni. (I'm a bit of a purist, to an extent)

I was also thinking about doing a cowl hood and just leaving the whole hood black. Not sure if that would look "unfinished" or not.
Thanks for the compliment on the flames!

I am a sucker for a Camaro with a cowl hood!
I would go with the cowl hood and leave the center black and paint the sides red... and the mirrors and door handles and I think your car would look stellar!
Old 12-25-2010, 07:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Sweet! Thanx bud.. I'm gonna have to look into that.

Quick Reply: Making my car "not so red" ???