Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Fender replacement for 99 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 09:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fender replacement for 99 Trans Am

I was just curious how hard this would be. Someone did a hit and run on my car and cracked the front drivers side fender. Since it was a hit and run I have to pay my deductible to get it fixed. I figured that since a new fender is only $163 new and my friends body shop can match it and spray it for $50. I thought I may be able to do it for less than $500 on my own. Plus i don't like leaving my car with people I barely know. All insight is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Teching In

im doing the same process but replacing the fender took me about an hour total to do and its fairly easy/straight forward
Old 02-27-2011, 06:25 PM
10 Second Club

So nothing tricky just the bolts that you see under the hood and under the car on the fender tabs right. Sounds good! I have re-done my front bumper cover when I put my FMIC on.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are bolts in the engine bay, bolts on the bottom by door, bolts in between the fender and piller (look in between the door and fender with the door open) I cant remeber off the top but I think you may have a couple that attach the fron facisa to it as well. About an hour to remove. Try not breaking the plastic clips/plugs
Old 02-28-2011, 07:32 PM
TECH Resident

Damn Packy , im going through the same ****, but i have to get a pass. side front fender
Old 02-28-2011, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have a dealership do it if you can, make sure they use OEM parts.

I have an aftermarket fender on my car, it does not line up correctly
Old 02-28-2011, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

One of the easiest things you can do (if you have a fairly common color) is to find someone parting their car out and just buy one that is already painted your factory color. I helped a friend replace their passenger door on their black Firebird and the paint matched up perfectly. I replaced the passenger side fender on my old red 93 Z28 and the paint was slightly off, but no one noticed but me and it was only when I was really looking at it in direct sunlight. Then again, it was a fender off a 2000 and mine was a 93 and this was all taking place in 2003, so my red paint had a decade in which to fade a bit.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:46 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1nastyss
Damn Packy , im going through the same ****, but i have to get a pass. side front fender
Yeah before I left NC I was at a friends house for a BBQ. I had parked completely out of the road on the shoulder in front of his house in a small sub-division and when I went to leave there was a big crack and scratch on my driver side fender. It was a hit and run too which really pisses me off!

Quick Reply: Fender replacement for 99 Trans Am