Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

*PIC HEAVY* Hit side of Garage entrance (bricks) Help guys?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *PIC HEAVY* Hit side of Garage entrance (bricks) Help guys?

OK, so I was going to pull my car into the garage so that I could wash it (black Z28) and thought I had clearance, but didn't. The result was several large scuffs on the rights side of the bumper by the turn signal corner. I also think that someone keyed my car sometime not long after I bought it (In may of 2011), so I was wondering what you guys thought about the damage, and how much you think it would cost. I live in West Chester Ohio, what place do you think would be good?

That's the scratch that I think someone keyed.

Here's another shot:

A crack in the bumper. Will I need a new one or will the be able to seal it and cover it?

close-up of the damage:

Another shot:

really appreciate it guys, thanks!
Old 07-31-2011, 07:39 PM
Teching In

The previous owner of my 95 Z28 had to replace the rear bumper with some damage somewhat similar to that. I know that the bumper was cracked from the incident. The owner took it to a dealership and had it replaced, and according to the reciept for the rear bumper with paint and labor was about $800. But since it was a woman that clipped him backing out of a parking space it was all on insurance but by the sounds of it insurance isnt an option. You might be able to make a project out of it for yourself. Maybe if you remove the bumper you might be able to fix the crack and the scratches with some Bondo. Not quite sure about the crack, its hard to tell how bad it is from the pics. Than after you have it all sanded down prepped and primered you can take to a local body shop to have them spray some color on it. Just my opinion on it without seeing it in person, it's hard to say.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

That sucks man. 3 week after I bought my 95 trans am some moron I work with hit the side of my car while I was pulling in the parking lot for work one morning. It put a huge scratch down the passenger door, down my side molding, got the t/a emblem on the door. Insurance company quoted me 1200$. Yours looks worst so I would assume its probably going to be more then that.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys. I went to a local body shop and they quoted $1100 for both the scratch and the bumper (everything). Gonna see what maaco quotes, then make a decision.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:49 PM
TECH Regular

I wouldn't take it to maaco, do it yourself before you do that. Everyone that paints on here are pretty good about helping you if you decide to do it yourself.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Teching In

For god sakes dont take it to makko
Old 08-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Teching In

maaco sorry

Quick Reply: *PIC HEAVY* Hit side of Garage entrance (bricks) Help guys?