Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

How bad is it??

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 06:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How bad is it??

so long story short, trans got stuck in 4th gear when i was in delaware, i live in nj, i drove the car home, parked it infront of the house downhill so i could take it around the block to my buddy with a lift when we had time to tear into it and see what happened. Things took longer than expected so i dropped the insurance while the car was still parked out front of my place and dont you know in the middle of the night car gets hit and run! ive never ripped the front end off one of these, only ever done old 80s gm trucks, car is 2002 ws6.
sorry about crooked/shitty cell pics, car is now in a driveway and this damn work comp wont let me rotate the pics car was hit right where the driver fender meets front bumper and seems to me pushed in pretty good. fender is rubbing the door.
Attached Thumbnails How bad is it??-photo-1.jpg   How bad is it??-photo-2.jpg   How bad is it??-photo-3.jpg   How bad is it??-photo-4.jpg  
Old 03-16-2012, 08:51 AM
TECH Resident

Its easy Just time consuming Lots of stuff to take off before you can get to the places you need to
Old 03-16-2012, 10:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

really?? whats it look like needs to be repaired? Me and a buddy are gonna put it on his lift and drop the trans so i figured id mess with the fender and all while he plays in the trans just waiting until neither of us are working
Old 03-17-2012, 04:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

All the panels are plastic, so outside of fixing the scuff you should be good as far as $$$ goes

There's a small metal bracket behind the bumper around the bumper/fender seam. My guess is it's bent and needs beat with a hammer a few times to be straightened out. I don't remember if you can get to it through the splash shields underneath or if you need to pull the front bumper.

Like warriorcustoms said, time consuming... but not all that difficult.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

you guys made my st.paddys day thanks for the info. I've been pretty pissed off about it since it happend, i think it was the neighbor across the street from me that did it but i cant prove anything, and I'm pretty sure the bastard called the cops about the car being in the street because local pd came up the following day saying there was a complaint. Again thanks a bunch guys
Old 03-17-2012, 07:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

also just that little bracket would allow the fender back far enough for the door to rub?
Old 03-17-2012, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No, if the fender moved back you would probably need to take a look at all the mounting points. There's one under the car. There's one on the inside of the fender by the door about halfway up with rivets then the group along the top. I would probably loosen them all then adjust the fender accordingly after the previously mentioned metal bracket up front was removed, straightened and put back on.
It'll be a pain in the ***, but it'll be free. The big thing is take your time and be patient. If need be, walk away and come back.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ill prolly be doing a lot of walking away and coming back lol I don't break my own things when i get frustrated while working on them, i cant afford that lol. thanks again
Old 03-28-2012, 09:31 PM

Definitely better than beating it with a wrench
Old 03-29-2012, 06:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

lmfao

Quick Reply: How bad is it??