Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

New pics of the Imp SS

Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! And they are only 20" wheels damn you guys are old school lol. Definitley not using foam to stiffen the car just for sound quality purposes in the trunk area. I want the wheels to fill the wheel wells and which it did with the factory 18s the car bottomed out allll the time... steppin up to 20s gave me just enough clearance so it wouldnt smack the pavement which is why I rushed to buy them... ur right tho I wish I would have waited and done it right the first time. Def a learning experience
Old 04-17-2012, 02:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by critical.in.ga
I was highlighting the paint on the headlights, tail lights and the dash... but ok, thanks.

I think that the head lights ruin the front end on the LS4 cars cuz they are imo, way to big and gaudy looking. So the eyelid was my attempt at making them appear smaller and giving them a more "sinister" look from the front, I had a real hard time trying to figure out how to run the lines though because of the way the head lights wrap around the corner of the car.. If I could figure out (or get some input besides "its ugly, its hideous" -which was my point) how to run the lines to make it transition into the car better I would most def redo them.

I appreciate your input though.
That still doesnt fall in this paint and body work.. sounds more like appearance and detailing. You have the lines on the lids right, but im just not a fan. I agree with the comments about tinting the whole light with a light shade. That might look nice and help to tone down the front end.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Do you have any idea how much it will affect the brightness of the lights? I live out in sticks and when its dark... its dark, so its nice havin some good n bright HID's on the front end.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

Or maybe I could do something similar with the tint how I did it on the tails and tape off some circles where the bulbs are?
Old 04-17-2012, 04:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Or maybe I could do something similar with the tint how I did it on the tails and tape off some circles where the bulbs are?
I live in the sticks too. lol i would try to tape some circles off and see how it works. But i dont know how much a very light tint would affect a bright set of HIDS
If you are gonna keep or redo the lids i would try and get the shape/lines you want using plasti dip so you can peel off and start again.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

I wouldn't tape off circles. A light tint won't affect light output very much, shouldnt be a problem.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FirebirdTransAm
I wouldn't tape off circles. A light tint won't affect light output very much, shouldnt be a problem.
Sweet.. and I guess if it were to be a problem I can always take it off. Do any of you guys know a good place to buy aftermarket headlights? I'd prefer to start with a fresh set of projectors and then go from there. My driver side wasn't sealed very good from whoever made em and it has been full of water several times.. im sure the connections inside are corroded all to hell.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:35 PM
On The Tree

I actually like your Imp alot! Looks good! But I do like the stock wheels on the car better than the "ebay specials". Black with a polished lip would just be utterly sexy IMO. As for the eyelids, they might look better if they didn't stop about 3/4 thru the headlight. Other than that looks good
Old 04-17-2012, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

Sweet.. and I guess if it were to be a problem I can always take it off. Do any of you guys know a good place to buy aftermarket headlights? I'd prefer to start with a fresh set of projectors and then go from there. My driver side wasn't sealed very good from whoever made em and it has been full of water several times.. im sure the connections inside are corroded all to hell.
ebay fo sho
Old 04-17-2012, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LSxWittles
I actually like your Imp alot! Looks good! But I do like the stock wheels on the car better than the "ebay specials". Black with a polished lip would just be utterly sexy IMO. As for the eyelids, they might look better if they didn't stop about 3/4 thru the headlight. Other than that looks good
Thanks and you know what, I actually sat there staring at two different sets forever trying to figure out which to buy. The ones that are on my car and the other set was black with a polished lip lol.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Thanks and you know what, I actually sat there staring at two different sets forever trying to figure out which to buy. The ones that are on my car and the other set was black with a polished lip lol.
Lol black with a polished lip FTW! Btw what suspension do you have?? Am on the fence about getting an LS4 platform as a DD or something else and if I go LS4 rout I want it to have a stance similar to yours
Old 04-18-2012, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-perfo...-clean-up.html

Scroll down last few pics, black on black rims with silver lip

http://www.carid.com/chevy-impala-accessories/

A lot of aftermarket stuff for your car, stuff to give you some ideas
Old 04-18-2012, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

Lol black with a polished lip FTW! Btw what suspension do you have?? Am on the fence about getting an LS4 platform as a DD or something else and if I go LS4 rout I want it to have a stance similar to yours
At first I wasn't sure if I made the right decision buying the car as my DD but it has been three years and I love it more today than the day I bought it. The greatest part (especially for a dd) is that I can get 30+mpg on the highway and has enough power to lay down a serious *** rippin.. I like. They don't make any suspension parts to get the car this low btw, unless you were to go with air ride. I used 2" drop springs, and even though everyone advises against it I chopped 2 coils off the front and 1 off the rear. I ended up having to redo the front because the spring rate wasn't high enough after shortening them and I was bottoming out my struts over crap roads. A stiffer spring got it where it needed to be.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by IROCSS
https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-perfo...-clean-up.html

Scroll down last few pics, black on black rims with silver lip

http://www.carid.com/chevy-impala-accessories/

A lot of aftermarket stuff for your car, stuff to give you some ideas
That impala is clean! The wheels look nice on it too.. I think something black with a chrome lip would look good, im not a huge fan of the polished lip jus cuz I dont think it would flow with my car as well since I've got the chrome grill and trim around the windows.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

Here's a few pics to get a better idea as far as the stance goes with the factory wheels.

The day I bought it:

After the drop:

Factory springs vs lowering springs lol

Last edited by critical.in.ga; 04-18-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

Damn those springs are SHORT compared to stock! Lol. I've got a while before deciding on a new DD so I will keep an LS4 in mind. Need to sell my sixxer tho. Either way I still love the stance of your Imp!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:45 PM
On The Tree

Damn those springs are SHORT compared to stock! Lol. I've got a while before deciding on a new DD so I will keep an LS4 in mind. Need to sell my sixxer tho. Either way I still love the stance of your Imp!
Thanks man. They are quite a bit shorter lol, but the stockers do compress down quite a bit where as the aftermarket ones dont really get too much shorter once the weight of the car is on them. I just wish there was a way to keep the factory ride and slammed at the same time!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New pics of the Imp SS