Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

New 97 30th ann - need wheels and appearance suggestions!

Old 05-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 97 30th ann - need wheels and appearance suggestions!

So I've got a 93 z28 fully built, 383 street/strip car. Just sold my LT1 buick and picked up this beauty SO cheap! I'm in love with this car... it's a 97 z28, 30th anniversary.. white with hugger orange stripes, white 30th leather seats, white wheels, 6 speed, t-top, all stock un-molested! Runs A1, new clutch, brakes, many new parts... Got this car for 3 GRAND. WOW.

So the car looks amazing, im mainly going to be doing full bolt ons, freemods, and just a few appearance mods. I'd like some suggestions on what I should do to it. The white wheels look nice, but what else would look good with this color? The only other things I plan on doing is some vinyls - orange "camaro" berger inserts, maybe white/orange "z28" covers for the badges, maybe not. Any suggestions are welcome for sure, interior and exterior both.

The best thing about it is I've got a stock pile of LT1 parts and I've done everything under the sun to my 383 camaro which I've been thinking about selling.. so I can take all the parts off my 383, return it to stock, and upgrade the 97! I've got everything brand new.. bilsteins, BMR springs, lca's, panhard, torque arm, 35/22 swaybars, custom sub box, amp rack, more..
Old 05-10-2012, 11:50 PM
TECH Regular

Pictures or it never happened!
Old 05-10-2012, 11:56 PM
Launching!

it's dark but I'll post up some pics in 5 minutes
Old 05-11-2012, 01:28 AM
Launching!

Alright here's some pics! Dude check out the seats, this guy was sure he ruined the seats with his filthy *** but I hooked em up with some TLC, scrubbed the **** out of them with Krud Kutter (best product EVER...) and look at em now! In the picture the driver seat is cleaned, passenger seat not cleaned yet. Cleaned the whole car and the seats look fantastic.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:33 AM
Launching!

Old 05-11-2012, 04:46 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to be the perv, and say it: LOSE THE BRA! These cars need no appearance mods, I miss mine terribly. I'd do a good detail on it, and call it done. In my opinion, these are one of the best looking Fbodies ever produced. Congrats on a steal.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:48 AM
On The Tree

I remember when these cars came out and I seen one at the dealer for the first time, I wanted one soo bad. Congrats on the find. Looks like it needs a good detail maybe some lowering springs and wheels. What would look cool is get some of the deep dish ZR1 wheels and have them powder coated white so it still kind of looks original just mean as hell.

Last edited by DSPDave; 05-12-2012 at 05:39 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DSPDave
I remember when these cars came out and I seen one at the dealer for the first time, I wanted one soo bad. Congrats on the find. Looks like it needs a good detail maybe some lowering springs and wheels. What would look cool is get some of the deep dish ZR1 wheels and have them powder coated white so it still kid of looks original just mean as hell.
I agree completely about the wheels, they would look sick in white! My buddy has the silver 17x9/17x11 ZR1s on his 94 Z28 and they look so good and they're cheap from OEwheels.com
Old 05-11-2012, 08:40 AM
Launching!

Oh yeah guys the bra is OFF and the ******* are OUT! haha

Yeah it was one of the first things I did after I took those pics.. cleaned her real good and got that thing OFF. Next the front licence plate mount is coming off, I LOVE that the front grill is white. I'm thinking of painting the headlight buckets white, love the look of that...

Thanks for the compliments guys! I am totally in love with this beast, in my opinion it's by far the nicest combination on any f-body out there.. it just feels so good to drive.

Just ordered a WS6Store short throw stick, white hurst ****, SLP lid for conversion, got a left over 52mm P&P throttle body going on today, gonna order some LT headers, maybe a catback, tune and be just about done with it.

What I DO have is a nice set of WS6 wheels that would look killer on it, they're polished. I've got them plasti-dipped right now so I could either do them polished or paint white over the plasti-dip and rock em that way

Yep I'm taking the BMR springs & bilsteins off my 383 and puttin em on this baby... also going on here from the other car is a UMI STB (painting hugger orange), lca's, panhard, maybe torque arm, 35/22 UMI swaybars, and a few other things. It's gonna be one hell of a pretty ride.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

Get rid of the sticker on the door handle and rear bumper. Maybe paint Camaro on rear panel in a color matched orange. Change the exhaust tips. Get a slp grill and paint it white to match the body with a orange SS in the middle.

Good lookin ride though, always liked the color combo on those. Do something with the seats, previous didn't take good care of them. White leather looks so pretty, but a pain in the *** to keep up like black paint!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Launching!

Yeah man today is dedicated to making this car sick, all the mods i have on deck are going in, going over the entire car removing any gay *** little stickers this guy put on it and cleaning it real good, wax ect... the seats are excellent now I cleaned them great! super crispy white.

gonna try on these wheels in a bit and see how they look, and order up some parts! so far going with :

LS1 SLP lid conversion
LT headers & exhaust
52mm tb (I have already)
possibly a nice s-t shifter
all vinyls/overlays
I MIGHT spring for some 410 gears lemme know what u think though..
tune when it's all done
Old 05-11-2012, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts

Don't paint the headlight buckets white! It's just too much white on the front, the black sets it off just right.

I like the ZR1 deep dish wheel idea, powder coated white to appear "stock". +1 for removing dealer decals

Also, I wouldn't go overboard in appearance mods for this car, 30th Anniv. editions don't need much. Maybe some tint for the windows. The SLP grill isn't a bad idea, but with a Z28 badge, not SS, possibly an older Z badge from the first gens? I would also look into a new set of seat covers from 6LE, would make your fronts brand new without any leather cracks.

I would add a Hurst white shift ball and chrome stick, would look great with the seats! Add to that some 6LE custom white face gauges with 30th Anniv. logos!

It looks like your callipers are painted red. I would have them re-done properly in hugger orange or black.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Launching!

Calipers r orange

I'm ok with the seats, they just have the little wrinkles here and there, otherwise in great shape. I smile everytime I get in the car haha!

Yep WS6store chrome short shifter and white w/ black engraving HURST ball on the way...

Not doing anything gawdy to this car.. I probably won't paint the headlight buckets, definitely not getting a front grille it looks killer white as is, all I'm doing is orange "camaro" inserts and white w/ orange outline overlays for all the "z28" badges and the rear bowtie. Maybe a "equipped w/ hurst" rear badge.

Keepin it classy but sassy.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:01 AM
9 Second Club

I did the orange CAMARO inserts, along with the orange nose badge from RK Sport. Also had a shop airbrush the bowtie in the front orange.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by 93z383
Calipers r orange

I'm ok with the seats, they just have the little wrinkles here and there, otherwise in great shape. I smile everytime I get in the car haha!

Yep WS6store chrome short shifter and white w/ black engraving HURST ball on the way...

Not doing anything gawdy to this car.. I probably won't paint the headlight buckets, definitely not getting a front grille it looks killer white as is, all I'm doing is orange "camaro" inserts and white w/ orange outline overlays for all the "z28" badges and the rear bowtie. Maybe a "equipped w/ hurst" rear badge.

Keepin it classy but sassy.
Perfect!
Old 05-13-2012, 04:50 AM
Teching In

Great car, I own one myself... although not as nice as that one. Work in progress. Anyway wheel wise I put 2000 SS rims on mine(10 spoke) and look great. Getting them powdercoated white soon. It looks great. If having a hard time picturing what it would look like; there was an article in GM hightech performance magaizine with a SS convertible with the same wheels painted white. Great find btw Enjoy it.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Beautiful car please loose the bra
Old 05-13-2012, 11:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Shanle929
Great car, I own one myself... although not as nice as that one. Work in progress. Anyway wheel wise I put 2000 SS rims on mine(10 spoke) and look great. Getting them powdercoated white soon. It looks great. If having a hard time picturing what it would look like; there was an article in GM hightech performance magaizine with a SS convertible with the same wheels painted white. Great find btw Enjoy it.
Nice man I LOVE the SS 10 spoke rims, they would look great on these cars in white or chrome. Probably one of my top favorite wheels for sure.

Read the thread, the bra is off the car! Also pulled off the front bowtie on the grille and the license plate holder to make it smooth and all white.

Got the 35/22 sway bars put in, made an amazing difference. Bilsteins/BMR springs going in tomorrow, also ordered the SLP lid, 410 gears, rebuild kit, Hurst shifter, WS6store short stick. Next to be ordered is either a MGW shifter or ceramic LT headers & exhaust.

My birthday is tomorrow (14th) so hopefully I'll get a some loot to spend on mods haha! I usually get ripped off on birthdays but even 100 bucks would be cool to get something else
Old 05-14-2012, 09:10 PM
TECH Junkie

The best looking LT1 car Ever! Gorgeous car and for a GREAT Price! GL with her. Buff it out top to bottom and enjoy!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
The best looking LT1 car Ever! Gorgeous car and for a GREAT Price! GL with her. Buff it out top to bottom and enjoy!
Forrrr sure

Nice white 94! So far I've been to Chicago and back twice in in her without a hickup. The M6 IS AMAZING on gas... cruise the whole way @ 70-80 and I got right around 24mpg (24.8xxx so nearly 25)! That was today, just got back. City driving is a different story, she's a pig but I also can't seem to drive slow in this car no matter what I do lol.

So happy with this car I don't think I'll ever drive my stalled 383 again. For real.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 97 30th ann - need wheels and appearance suggestions!