Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Can't stand the stock wheels on my Camaro had to paint them

Old 05-20-2012, 02:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't stand the stock wheels on my Camaro had to paint them

I just hated the way the stock wheels looked dirty, dull, faded silver. I had to do some thing so here's what I came up with a couple of cans of spray paint and about a days worth of work .....and of course it made the brakes look like crap so today I'm painting them ....yesterday the rims today the brakes let me know what you think ... I think the car looks way better ....I would like to buy rims but thats just not in the cards right now

And a good friend showed up with a set of brand new chrome lug covers for my caps .... the clip in kind that holds the cap on ......sweet....
Attached Thumbnails Can't stand the stock wheels on my Camaro had to paint them-98-z28-001.jpg   Can't stand the stock wheels on my Camaro had to paint them-z28-rims-003.jpg   Can't stand the stock wheels on my Camaro had to paint them-z28-rims-004.jpg   Can't stand the stock wheels on my Camaro had to paint them-brakes-007.jpg  

Last edited by NHRA4MULA; 05-20-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:35 PM
12 Second Club

Much better - cheap upgrade. lol
Old 05-20-2012, 03:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

They still look like the regular old 5 spokes just painted. lol, But they do look much better! good job OP, did you clear on top or anything like that? let us know how it holds.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01BlueSS1995
They still look like the regular old 5 spokes just painted. lol, But they do look much better! good job OP, did you clear on top or anything like that? let us know how it holds.
Had a can of old bright metalic silver paint laying around used that for the rim lip and got a can of Rust-oleum gloss black for the rest of the rim it cost more for the pin stipe tape than for the paint LOL and we will see if it holds up....
Old 05-20-2012, 04:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NHRA4MULA
Had a can of old bright metalic silver paint laying around used that for the rim lip and got a can of Rust-oleum gloss black for the rest of the rim it cost more for the pin stipe tape than for the paint LOL and we will see if it holds up....
Lol, that is pretty funny. How did you prep??
Old 05-20-2012, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01BlueSS1995
Lol, that is pretty funny. How did you prep??
Steel wool = scrubbed the crap out of them first and then scuffed them real good with the steel wool till they started to look like fresh paint
Old 05-20-2012, 06:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Looks good. You did a good job taping the wheels up. Now about those lug nuts...
Old 05-20-2012, 06:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great!

I did the same thing on my daughters Grand Prix. I used a spray can on this one. On my wife's car I used some automotive paint left over from my Formula repaint. Yes there was a difference but both came out pretty well.

BTW on both cars I ditched the crap factory lugs and wint to Discount Tire and got all new chrome lugs. Only a buck each.
Attached Thumbnails Can't stand the stock wheels on my Camaro had to paint them-147.jpg   Can't stand the stock wheels on my Camaro had to paint them-uni_2672.jpg  
Old 05-20-2012, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Looks good. You did a good job taping the wheels up. Now about those lug nuts...

What about the lug covers need that style to hold the caps on ??? you thinking black caps
Old 05-20-2012, 09:15 PM

the rims look way better in person
Old 05-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Launching!

You're definately gettin that Hawaii 5-0 car lookin good!! Good friends always make a project go better! Brakes are lookin good too. Glad that I wear my sunglasses when I stop by....now lets get it back to the track and see if its quicker with the new paint!!! CamDav bets that its slower with the extra weight!! Time will tell my friend, plus that 100 shot will wake it up, look out Dave he's commin for ya!!! Larry.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cra-Z Larry
You're definately gettin that Hawaii 5-0 car lookin good!! Good friends always make a project go better! Brakes are lookin good too. Glad that I wear my sunglasses when I stop by....now lets get it back to the track and see if its quicker with the new paint!!! CamDav bets that its slower with the extra weight!! Time will tell my friend, plus that 100 shot will wake it up, look out Dave he's commin for ya!!! Larry.

LOL I'm coming for ya Dave ....I dont know if the paint will make it faster but I think the trans and conveter will ,,,,,,,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can't stand the stock wheels on my Camaro had to paint them