Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Looking for white pearl pictures!! Post em up!

Old 10-15-2012, 08:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Looking for white pearl pictures!! Post em up!

So I am having the bike painted this winter due to scratches and just all around beat up fairings. I want to do white pearl, as that is what it is now anyways.. but I want to change it a little bit. Anyone ever see a white pearl car/bike with a redish tint to it? Like, it looks like normal white pearl until tons of light or sunlight is directly shining on it, then it looks like it has a slight redish metallic tint to it. This is what I would like to do but I am open to opinions.

If anyone has pics of something like that, or any sick pearl white painted things please post them up!
Old 10-16-2012, 04:43 AM
12 Second Club

no one? lol
Old 10-16-2012, 05:14 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Red is REALLLLY hard to do correctly.. and i mean damn near impossible especially to get even.. the truck is getting it to look red and NOT make the whole car have a pink tint... my painter onlu uses silvers, blues, and greens over white

blue works the best over white IMHO.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the color called on that truck?
Old 10-16-2012, 01:30 PM
12 Second Club

Yea that's sick, basically that, only with red/orangeish tint instead of the blue. I have seen the blue before, never red, hence why I want it lol
Old 10-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Launching!

My friend had something like that on his 07 mustang. Except with black. Had a regular black paint job but with all red metal flakes. Looked regular black except when sunlight hit it you can tell very much it had red in it. Looked awesome. I would imagine it would work the same with white. No pics were taken of the car with the paint though before it was stolen and burned
Old 10-21-2012, 03:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Buford17
My friend had something like that on his 07 mustang. Except with black. Had a regular black paint job but with all red metal flakes. Looked regular black except when sunlight hit it you can tell very much it had red in it. Looked awesome. I would imagine it would work the same with white. No pics were taken of the car with the paint though before it was stolen and burned
Was not expecting the end of that sentence lol.. Yea I'm prob. going to do that with a dark blood red candy fade at the end of the bike this winter.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:51 PM
Teching In

take a look at some late model caddy tri-coat colors,they have gold,blue,green pearls on top of the white base coat.if your stuck on red over white,it will probbably turn out pinkish.mary kay has a lovely pink on their cars!
Old 10-30-2012, 12:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

The white with red normally ends up pink; I've seen it done on a test panel, and it ended up that way.

The Blue/Green/Silvers seem to work the best on white.

The Black base coats will take just about any pearl though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for white pearl pictures!! Post em up!