Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Assembly order question

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 07:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Assembly order question

On a 2001 T/A, if the hood, fenders, bumper cover, and headlight assemblies were off the car, in what order would you assemble the parts? How would you adjust everything for the proper fit? I need some help with this and haven't had much luck, so far, getting any info. I really want to get the panel gaps right so the car looks good. Thanks

Moon
Old 08-15-2012, 10:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hood first. leave it up. then the fenders. align them to the door and the hood when shut. then u can center the hood. next the headlights. align them with the hood and the fenders. bumper is last make it flush with the fenders then the hood and do final adjusting of the headlights
Old 08-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks TyCZ28. I would have put the bumper cover on before the hood or headlights and wondered why things weren't going well. Apparently my car took a little shot in the front at some point and whoever fixed it didn't have a clue how to get everything gapped right. I've gotten it better but it is a long way from right. Ruins the look of the car for me. So when I get a whole day to work on it off comes the bumper cover and the headlight assemblies. Then see how good a job I can do getting things aligned properly. Thanks again.

Moon

Quick Reply: Assembly order question