Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Blue Green Chameleon Paint

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Blue Green Chameleon Paint

I have a 99 T/A with the BGC paint (79U).

Now I have a Ram Air hood I need painted for it, needs the spoiler and trunk lid fixed and painted.

Also some nice spider webbing in the bumpers.

Everything isnt to bad but its bad enough.

Now I was just going to get the hood, spoiler, and trunk lid painted but decided maybe just to get the whole car done because I am sure the original paint is faded.

Now the front and back bumpers dont really have the chameleon effect, they look close and have a very small change in color but you can really tell. I know the front was repainted at one point.

My question is, is a autobody shop that matches the paint code should be able to get a factory look as in the chameleon should look correct on the whole car right?

I just think who ever did touching up or fixing of my car before I had it went for the lowest possible bidder and it hurts to see how someone would fix a nice car such as this.

My goal is to at some point having this thing look sweet.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

Yoy may need to have some parts of the paint blended to get a closer match. The original paint is 13 years old and is probably a little faded. I would guess painting the entire car isn't necessary just to get a match.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you paint a hood with a metallic color you really always need to blend the fenders to make sure they match. seems you want the bumpers done too dude to spider webbing and the hatch as well. all thats left is the doors and quarters. Now especially with it being an older car the paint probably doesn't look top notch. Its not necessary but if you have the dough then why not
Old 09-07-2012, 12:42 AM
On The Tree

I'd paint the whole car. If ur doing hood.trumk. Bumpers. That means blend into quarter panels and fenders. Then u would only have doors left to paint. So just do the whole car

Quick Reply: Blue Green Chameleon Paint