Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Can't find repair panels...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't find repair panels...

I was googling for about an hour for body repair panels. I dont have any luck finding sheet metal or even plastic/glass panels for the 4g.

My car got backed into and it pushed in the driver rear quarter, forward of the tire. I had considered just pulling the panel. But it's creased at the wheel arch and has too many contours right at that area for me to attempt it. It'll take way more time massaging it than just cutting and welding.

But I can't find Any repair panels. And I don't want to mess around with a donor car. I just wanna buy the small panel and get on with it. I don't even care if it's a "sorta-fit". I can make it work.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:36 PM
TECH Regular

You won't find patch panels for these cars those are designed mainly for trucks and suvs with rust holes, you can try to pull it the best you can but if you REALLY care about the car you're gonna need a new quarter. Or see if insurance will cover it?
Old 05-06-2013, 11:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Junk yard and cut out the section you need would be your best bet, really.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

Junkyard is your best bet. Get THE WHOLE quarter panel. Don't try and do a "patch panel repair". The metal is too thin in this area, and you'll warp the hell out of it when you weld it in.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

Try Ecklers, ClassicIndustries, Or Hawks Third Gen.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Classic Indistries was able to get new GM quarter panels for my '93. They were about $1200 each though.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Staging Lane

I've done patch panels and welded skin to skin and it was flawless when I was done. There was so little filler that magnets still stuck to the seam. I'm not afraid of cutting and welding.

Pulling and working the metal will be a lot more difficult just because there are several compound curves there. One of my friends is a body tech and he had serious doubts about working the panel back into shape.

I don't mind cutting out a donor panel but I don't have anything portable to cut the panel out in the junk yard. I guess illtry to find someone Parting out a car and pay for a panel piece.

Thanks guys

Quick Reply: Can't find repair panels...