Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Window (NOT motor) replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 06:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Window (NOT motor) replacement?

I've got a 2001 Camaro SS T Top. I started noticing that when I put my driver's side window up, it was not aligning. It would push up, but then start coming into the car or outside the car (think 3 dimensions here), and then usually get about 90% of the way, and it was in too awkward of an angle to go any further.

I'd have to, as the window's coming up, grab the top of the window and push/pull it in/out until it finally closed properly at the right angle. Several times I'd have to put it back down and put it back up while push/pulling.

I finally had time to take the door panel off and take a look, and basically, the window sits on a plate, and I'm assuming there's supposed to be a hole or something. Then there's a rail mounted on the door itself with a little ball joint kinda thing and based on how it looks, it's supposed to go in that hole on the window plate. Well, mine is detached. As I look closely, the plate rusted through so it can't hold on to that joint anymore.

So, the question is, can I just get that plate or do I have to get a new window altogether?

BTW: The pic actually shows the balljoint attached (I just jimmied it in). But you can see that the bottom piece of the plate is missing, where it's circled.
Attached Thumbnails Window (NOT motor) replacement?-img_20131026_180907_128.jpg  
Old 11-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shbox.com covers adjustments in detail. I recently installed a new window in my wifes T/A but I can't recall that part of it. I'm hoping to put a window motor in mine today. If I get to it I'll take a look and see if I can help.

Quick Reply: Window (NOT motor) replacement?