Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Location of Lt1 mounting brackets

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Location of Lt1 mounting brackets

So I'm swapping out the Ls1 nose for an Lt1 nose on my 2002 SS camaro. Can anyone assist me on where these mounting brackets are. any photos would be a huge help.

I know this mounts to the fender but how/where does it mount to the chassis itself

these two I dont have a clue on location there is obvious a right and left but where/what do they attach to?
Old 11-03-2013, 12:13 AM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

The bottoms two brackets hold the headlight panel to the core support. They bolt to the radiator/ core support by the washer fluid tank. The top bracket holds the fender and the bumper together. The two studs to down through the holes in the fender and nuts to on those to hold the bumper/ fender gap together. The other side obviously bolts only one way to the car itself. Once you put those studs through the fender you should be able to mate it up correctly.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scj
The bottoms two brackets hold the headlight panel to the core support. They bolt to the radiator/ core support by the washer fluid tank. The top bracket holds the fender and the bumper together. The two studs to down through the holes in the fender and nuts to on those to hold the bumper/ fender gap together. The other side obviously bolts only one way to the car itself. Once you put those studs through the fender you should be able to mate it up correctly.
Thanks a bunch man

Quick Reply: Location of Lt1 mounting brackets