Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Genuine GM Fender?

Old 01-08-2014, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Genuine GM Fender?

I got a drivers side fender off ebay real cheep. Seller swears it's genuine GM but it looks like ****. Plastic is black unlike the original grey/green. Was I ripped off or are factory replacements this crappy?

Pic1 is pitting up the side of the fender. Pic2 is where the description and part number would be.
Attached Thumbnails Genuine GM Fender?-crap-box-1.jpg   Genuine GM Fender?-crap-box-2.jpg  
Old 01-08-2014, 03:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if its oe, it will have a part number made into it (stamped) somewhere.
8 digit number

example: 20946322
Old 01-08-2014, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah that is what I'm thinking. It did come in a GM box. lol
Old 01-08-2014, 04:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I just ordered 2 oem gm fenders for my TA upon arrival they fit the car perfectly and they are now black primed. On the back side they are very rough in back side where it curves toward the front by the door they are very rough in fact they look so **** poor I can't believe they are genuine gm. They had a paper tag with a part number nothing embossed in the plastic. They do have all of the metal stiffener braces installed. And while it may be a little thing if it's a cheap aftermarket knock off they may not have this next little tid bit. On the very bottom edge where the 2 10mm bolts go through between the bolt holes is says DO NOT JACK HERE in caps. This is in the area where every *** hat mechanic will put a floor jack to jack the car up. Hope this helps and we are the dealer so I am guaranteed mine are OEM.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This one doesn't have a part number and where it should be is pitted beyond recognition. There is no tag or "official" documentation. The edge by the hood is in such bad shape it will take a couple hours to fix. I can't believe GM would push this ****. Very disappointing.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think that it's a certifit fender. The GM one wouldn't look like that in the hood area. It may where it isn't visible but i highly doubt that one is OEM.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Parts quality of GM OE has been slowly going to **** since gm bailout it 08. My boxes say made in canada on them but in the area on the backside of the fender in the door jamb area looks exactly like the hood shot you posted. Super **** poor mold finish quality.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Genuine GM Fender?