Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 10:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think?

So the previous owner put all kinds of adhesive or double sided tape of some sort along with foam on the hood and I guess decided against it. I used turtle wax's decal and adhesive remover and got the majority of it off. It looks better but isnt pretty cause of the missing paint and some glue or whatever the heck it is left over.

1. Ok so would anyone recommend something that will work better to get the last of the adhesive off?

2. I think putting the foam around the intake box looks much cleaner than it being on the hood but being on the hood it would cover the previous owners goof. What do you guys think?

It's a suncoast creations hood so there are openings behind the nostrils for air..
Attached Thumbnails What do you think?-2dscn1158.jpg   What do you think?-2014-01-10-21.24.31.jpg   What do you think?-2014-01-10-21.43.34.jpg  
Old 01-10-2014, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looks like one of those fun projects I find myself in. I'd put new adhesive foam at the top, they sell all sizes at home depot and lowes. Or you can cut that strip in the pic in 4 pieces and glue the pieces at 45 degree angles to each other, making a square that fits exact, then glue that right on top of the filter brace. Not sure what glue would work best but if done right it could look great.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Yea I'm not sure what would hold up best to the engine heat; that might be what happened last time. I do agree it could look really good in the end if done right and should bring in even more cold air if it seals up better.

Quick Reply: What do you think?