Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Painting the SS. Clear Coat Question.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Painting the SS. Clear Coat Question.

I am currently getting my Camaro SS repainted. For those that have gotten their car repainted did you add an additional coat of clear? I know there is a point of too much but I would like to achieve the best shine possible. Interested in feedback.

On a side note: Since I am getting my car repainted I am also replacing a lot of parts; I'm kind of doing a small restoration. A lot of parts, stock replacement ones, for these cars, f-body, are getting limited or are completely sold out. My GM dealer, I know them well, had to do a national search for some of the parts I wanted. I wanted all new carpet but only the rear was still available, and that was found by doing a national search. Just a heads up, may want to stock pile on some parts that you know will wear out. I just bought new headlights but am contemplating buying another set just incase I need them down the road.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 coats of clear should be plenty, 3 coats max. Make sure to have then shoot it with 2K clear coat (the stuff with isocyanides in it), if you wan't good shine but most importantly wet sanding, compounding then polishing will get you the mirror like shine your looking for.

Quick Reply: Painting the SS. Clear Coat Question.