Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Replacing rear quarter panels

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 01:24 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing rear quarter panels

Has anyone ever cut the rear quarter off their car and welded one from another car on? Was this a really difficult job or how much did a body shop charge you to do this? Passenger rear on my car is in really bad shape and needs replacing so I'm just curious what this is going to cost me. I'm buying a v6 roller car in a few days with a perfect body that I'm planning on getting all the parts from
Old 09-14-2014, 09:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Did it on mine, but if you are not familiar with body work, I would not suggest it. You basically have to remove paint on the entire seam and drill out each spot weld. It is a long process, especially to avoid damage. A body shop would be pretty expensive.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I done used 1/4s before, you have to be easy going with it. finding/drilling spot welds isnt hard,but getting the metal split apart is. too much pulling/yanking just distorts metal. you dont always need to take full 1/4 if under bumper cover not damaged, just over lap making your own seam and weld it. wheelwell lip is usually hardest as it needs to look good but usually gives most problem with distortion. go slow you be ok. also you can glue it on with metal to metal bonding glue you can buy at a paint supplier. it works well but you have to have everything ready fitted before hand.

Quick Reply: Replacing rear quarter panels