Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

frontal disaster

Old 10-09-2014, 12:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default frontal disaster

Alright. to be straight forward. I had a freak accident and do mean freak accident. I lost control and smashed the front portion of my 1998 trans am ws6. To get to the point, I need a new entire front clip. excluding the engine and suspension. I want to know where is the best place to attain a 1998 ws6 front clip. any websites or places I can order from? best prices etc. Ebay has all that but i'd like to know if there are other sources that carry to the whole clip. Please, I need all the help on this one.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:37 AM
TECH Addict

factory body parts on these cars are pretty much discontinued so really, Ebay, Craigslist and the for sale section on here are the places to look, the likely hood of finding a complete front clip is low, you'll have to get parts from several different cars.

if you don't mind changing the look up a little a firebird/formula front bumper can be found cheaper then the T/A front bumper and a SuperHawk hood from Roger @ USexotics will probably come out cheaper then a factory WS6 hood.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:33 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would also be calling around some local car yards to see if they have a wrecked one the same year and all.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:26 AM
Teching In

Sorry for the delayed response. my Cpu fried as well... Never let your sister use the cpu if you want it to live. wise words of wisdom. and yes I've been all over craigslist and ebay. not really any luck. my max is 4,000$ hopefully a lil more. Junkyards around me don't even carry a standard firebird. Im a college student, so that should easily tell how money is for me..... And does anyone know if they sell 1999-2002 ws6 rolling chassis? basically no engine and trany.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

If it got into the unibody real hard it's time to buy a roller out of the classifieds on here or craigslist and start over.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: frontal disaster