Help identify body part name

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help identify body part name

Hello everyone

i spent around 3 hours tying to figure out this parts name

i tried every possible name with over 10 websites and i still can not figure it out

" might sound naive but i apologize as English isn't my first language "

i got into a stupid as fuvk accident which was the last thing i need

and i do not think can be fixed with out paying more than the original part price it self considering how fucked up the paint became , it went all the way down to where a white layer is showing now. a huge portion of the paint got popped out

just as you thought you can now start modding the engine this **** comes up

"not my car" will provide pics in the morning.

Thanks a lot in advance , Ls1tech for life

i'm not sure if this whole piece need to be replaced or part of it , because to me it looks like the whole part.

if you could name the part so i can start searching fotr it then i would highly appreciate it

thanks
Old 10-23-2014, 03:47 AM
Staging Lane

pretty sure that's the rear quarter panel. almost positive that piece is part of the body, and removal is a pain as it has to be cut out. have to find a donor car to get a piece, never seen one for sale aftermarket
Old 10-23-2014, 09:39 AM
Staging Lane

i think will go cry now
Old 10-23-2014, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

can anyone estimate how much would it be to fix this without repainting it?

Thanks
Old 10-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

was just quoted around 750$

is it worth it , or would it be cheaper/better to re install a new one?
Old 10-23-2014, 11:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even if you install a new piece it will need to be painted. Even if you get a black one from another car it will need to be painted because the part will need to be welded on. If you get it banged out, it will need to be painted to replace the missing paint. Whether or not $750 is a fair price will depend on what they are doing to fix it. Are they replacing the quarter panel or just banging it out and filling it with body filler and then painting it?
Old 10-24-2014, 05:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RebelExtrm02
Even if you install a new piece it will need to be painted. Even if you get a black one from another car it will need to be painted because the part will need to be welded on. If you get it banged out, it will need to be painted to replace the missing paint. Whether or not $750 is a fair price will depend on what they are doing to fix it. Are they replacing the quarter panel or just banging it out and filling it with body filler and then painting it?
just filling it with body filler and painting it.
worth it?

Thanks for the reply
Old 10-24-2014, 06:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they are blending the paint with the adjacent panels then that seems like a fair quote. If they are only painting that panel then it's a bit high in my opinion. I would expect around $400-500 if they aren't blending.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that looks like bad previous body work from what I can tell from that picture. Check it with a refrigerator magnet see if its bondo. looks like a hunk fell off to me. I worked in bodyshop hacking, slicing cars together. I would grind it all around fill it back in, prime, paint it. If you can get a body guy do at his house probably get fixed $400 range I think depending who you know.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:55 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 76larkman
that looks like bad previous body work from what I can tell from that picture. Check it with a refrigerator magnet see if its bondo. looks like a hunk fell off to me. I worked in bodyshop hacking, slicing cars together. I would grind it all around fill it back in, prime, paint it. If you can get a body guy do at his house probably get fixed $400 range I think depending who you know.
yes , as you said , the guy at the body shop told that this had been fixed before. you got skills telling that from that crappy picture.

ya i need to start saving for this now. the rear bumper is missed up too and needs filling and painting i guess and the front right panel needs to be re aligned too.

need to find someone who would do them for the best price.

Thanks
Old 10-28-2014, 01:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sometimes on plastic bumper covers its better to replace them. Ive seen body fillers on them before and if they get bumped again it pops off. there is repair kits but time you fix & buy repair stuff its not worth messing with usually. cost the same to paint so make your choice of repair or new cover. the 1/4 panel is easier to repair than replace. insurance company would total your car do to age, parts cost/paint materials, labor rate. I buy/bought lots of late model crashed salvage cars just to drive newer for less. most usually end up on a prior salvage title but not a big deal most of time. I can still get loan value when I sell them.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 76larkman
sometimes on plastic bumper covers its better to replace them. Ive seen body fillers on them before and if they get bumped again it pops off. there is repair kits but time you fix & buy repair stuff its not worth messing with usually. cost the same to paint so make your choice of repair or new cover. the 1/4 panel is easier to repair than replace. insurance company would total your car do to age, parts cost/paint materials, labor rate. I buy/bought lots of late model crashed salvage cars just to drive newer for less. most usually end up on a prior salvage title but not a big deal most of time. I can still get loan value when I sell them.
i will look into that too , found some on ebay for around 350$ ... need to see how much to replace them.

Thanks
Old 10-28-2014, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

see if theres a keystone automotive in your area. they sell aftermarket body parts. most parts do fit well and if not they exchange to see if get a better one usually. trial fit before painting recomended tho. $350 is to high. gm has a surplus site, gm surplus.com. see if something listed there. some of body stuff might come painted as it was sent thru line up to see how paint set was working that day.

Quick Reply: Help identify body part name