Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Paint experts: How much paint would I need and what would be the best to use?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Paint experts: How much paint would I need and what would be the best to use?

I'm pulling the drivetrain and fuel system out for my build. While it's out I'd like to go ahead and clean up the underbody and engine bay which has some spots of surface rust. I'm going to go ahead and pull the front clip and rear bumper and clean behind there and clean it up as well. My first step after part removal everything down will be to mask off all exterior surfaces and then media blasting everything down to bare metal. I'm then going to paint everything with 3 coats of rust bullet. Once that cures I'm going to sand it down and paint the entire underbody, engine bay, wheel wells, and bumper supports and brackets light machine gray. Once the wheel wells are painted, I'm going to spray them with spray on bed liner.

How much paint would I need to do the job and what type and brand of paint do you recommend for this job?

Quick Reply: Paint experts: How much paint would I need and what would be the best to use?