Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

sagging door HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sagging door HELP!

Hey guys sorry if I'm in the wrong forum. Hears the deal I have a 2003 gmc sierra. I noticed that my hinge pins in the driver door where worn out. Not really a problem I slapped a new pair in and volla problem solved, otlr so I thought. The door was great for about a week then I started sagging worse than before and I have no idea why if anyone can help I figgured it would be you all thanks in advance.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:04 AM
On The Tree

Did you replace just the pins or did you replace the bushings as well?
Old 06-15-2016, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

^ this. I would replace the bushing as well.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bigdaddy350
Did you replace just the pins or did you replace the bushings as well?
Yes I replaced the pins and bushings. The door was fine for about a week then it Bagan to sag
Old 06-16-2016, 08:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by heavychevy123
Yes I replaced the pins and bushings. The door was fine for about a week then it Bagan to sag
I think you may be stuck getting new hinges. Seems to me the holes for the bushings may be worn. those doors are HEAVY!
Old 06-18-2016, 11:12 AM
Staging Lane

Did the new bushings go in nice and tight? If they were loose going in then the old bushings might have worn through and the hinge pins slightly rounded out the holes. But I have never seen that happen.

Old autobody trick, if you have the ba**s to do it...

Get a floor jack and jack up the bottom right corner of the door while it is open. Make sure you put a piece of wood between the jack and the door so you don't damage it.

I have done this many times (as well as seen it done) and it works. But you have to be really, really careful not to overdo it or you could bend the hinges and the door will be difficult to open and close. If the hinges/bushings/pins are worn then don't bother. You may cause more damage. Check them first..

Open the door, and lift it up and down from the right hand side. If there is play then it is a hinge pin/bushing issue. If there is no play at all and it is nice and snug then it is just an alignment issue. Worn out hinges/busnings/pins will have noticable play when you do this. Good ones won't budge.

Quick Reply: sagging door HELP!