Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

U.S. Exotics Superhawk hood still being sold?

Old 01-10-2017, 11:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

How much were the hoods ?
The following users liked this post:
Bogan Edition Z28 (04-12-2021)
Old 01-10-2017, 11:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$500 + $180 shipping ( shipping was paid on pickup, so nobody lost that)

Price is wat too cheap for a hand built hood which I told him. They use to be $1000 when they came out. When he figured out the custom carbon fiber one that we were discussing, I was sending another $400.

So all I am out is $500 as of right now. Not sure what Badbird may be out besides an extran6 months more than me, his was also a custom version.

To some that is very little money, to others, that's a lot. For me, it's more about the many many promises never happening and the lack of communication when there are many avenues that this can be done by.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The weird thing is a little over a year ago, a buddy of mine ordered one of his WS9 hoods, and he received it within a month or so.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah, I remember that, pissed a lot of us off who were waiting over a year before lol.

He must have had some extra in stock, but that doesn't fit his stories, so I just don't know. I am out of avenues for hunting down info anymore. If he had life **** on him, that sucks. If he intentionally ripped us off, he won.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this sucks to hear i want to get a hood so bad but good thing i never paid for one id be looking for someone who just takes my money irregardless of the amount. Its principal. Hope something good comes of this for you. I guess my factory Firehawk hood will suffice for now. really wanted to do a new taller intake
Old 02-23-2017, 08:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I would really like to get the SLP H.O. hood, but I know they are not being made anymore either.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

^even when it was available you didnt see that hood much, ive never seen another one in person.

to this day I still dont understand how people willingly gave this guy money after all the problem threads that came up over the years.

Didnt he get into a phase of doing hoods for vipers for a stretch?
Old 02-23-2017, 06:51 PM
TECH Resident

I used to like the Slp h.o. Hood but I did see one in person and there is no way I would ever put that on my car. It is hideous in person.

I gave him money because he had no problems then (12/15/14) and was sending hoods out, they just took 7 months to get them which was no problem. There was never I time when he didn't send them before. Just long delays and sometimes warpage.

He used to do viper hoods st least 8 years ago (research diamondback hood) but stopped for some reason.

He never answers, his friend doesn't answer, and I even tracked down his wife's email address and she won't answer. They're all the same. A few weeks ago I broke down and ordered the next closest thing. (Vfn smoothie q). Since raptor hoods are also no longer being produced.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

It blows my mind to read stories like this. I purchased one of his Superhawk hoods back in 2014. Bought it off Ebay and met with him about 2-weeks later to pick it up. He seemed like a really sincere person we stood out in the freezing cold for an hour or so Bsing. He was all upset that my hood had 2 small dirt imperfections that he had missed and wanted to make it right and send me a check for whatever it cost me to have those fixed when it was painted. I really wasn't worried about it and since I still haven't got it painted it yet still am not worried about it. From his stories it sounded like he has been dealt a sh&tty hand more then a few times but is no excuse for the way he is handling his business and I feel sorry for all the folks that have been waiting on him to build you what you paid him for.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any updates with this? Looking to replace my oxidizing Firehawk hood.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:38 PM
TECH Resident

No updates, nobody received anything, dude ripped a dozen of us off. Hopefully I run into him at a car event someday. He won't respond and his friend won't either. I have a ton of info, address and phone numbers regarding him. After reading so many threads of him screwing people over, why would you consider sending him money?
Old 08-23-2017, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

That's a shame, sorry to hear.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by f8lvenom
Any updates with this? Looking to replace my oxidizing Firehawk hood.
Bump, any news? Really want to get my hands on a Superhawk hood.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:15 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by f8lvenom
Bump, any news? Really want to get my hands on a Superhawk hood.
His shop caught fire and he no longer owns the property that his shop was on. Guy is a liar and cheated a lot of people and has made no attempt to make the situation right with anyone. Hopefully karma worked her magic. If you want one, I suggest ordering the knock off one on eBay and dropping the money for a good shop to work it till it looks and fits right. It’s over, dream is dead. If he pops back into the fiberglass world in the future, he will have a lot of people that he screwed over to deal with.
The following users liked this post:
NewOrleansLT1 (10-31-2020)
Old 06-05-2019, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

That’s too bad, such a nice looking good.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 165 Likes on 129 Posts

I'd be interested to see one of the e-bay hoods, and how they fit.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:54 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No ones paid him a visit for an explanation face to face? I would imagine someone lives close by. Not to be confrontational but a face to face encounter may get a more honest answer
Old 10-31-2020, 10:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow! That’s horrible..
Old 01-30-2021, 09:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all..new here and Not sure if this has been beat to death about this super hawk hood. My question is since the original maker quit making them, what if someone got in contact with someone who has had one made and get the mold from that and go from there? I love and want this hood pretty badly.
Old 05-20-2023, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you ever hear back?

Did you ever hear back?

I reached out to Roger back in 2008 (no joke) and was on the early list for its first production run. I never heard back. About 5 years ago, I reached out to see if he had any laying around and can I maybe get one if so. He said yes but then I never heard back again.

Originally Posted by BlackDuk98
Well good luck. If you do get in contact with him and decide to send him money, just remember that he owes people thousands of dollars in cash and products that have been waiting 2-2.5 years for.

Regarding suncoast creations, I'm not too sure about them. They seem to only be offering hoods for silverados. Yet the raptor hood info is just gone. I was looking at other dealers for their products and at least one vender had on their website that they will no longer carry the raptor hood because too many customers were having problems with figment and it would take up to 3 months for a warranty replacement. So I'm in the same boat and now will have to settle for a Firehawk hood if I can find one in this state. No others look good to me. Unfortunately our cars are old now so new hood designs will be very rare if any at all. I don't have the skills or vision for a new hood so it won't be coming from me...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: U.S. Exotics Superhawk hood still being sold?