Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Opinions on previous accident

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 07:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Opinions on previous accident

So I picked this car up about 2 years ago, looked clean, drove well, clean autocheck, looked to be cared for, etc... Fast forward to last summer, paint started chipping on the passengers side where the quarter panel tucks up under sail panel. Checked door jamb, and found a paint line, so the quarter had been painted. Pulled rear bumper cover, tails, filler panel recently as I'm doing some other work, so I could get a better look at the rear end while it was apart. From what I can tell, looks like an impact was on the right rear which I expected, behind passengers tail light, and maybe lower right bumper cover into spare tire well based off what I can see. The lower quarter where you can see primer spray, looks wavy/dented, but when looking in the spare tire well, that looks like it's suppose to be that way. Not sure?

When looking from inside the car the quarter and panels look original, so I'm not sure how much damage the right rear really took.

Just wanted to get you guys' opinion on it since it seems like we've got some decent body guys in this section.

Thanks.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, someone def. performed some half *** body work here. Atleast someone didn't hack the quarter off and do some bullshit welding job putting a new one on. I would clean it up a bit, some new sealer etc. and repaint the quarter
Old 02-14-2017, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1RawTA
Yea, someone def. performed some half *** body work here. Atleast someone didn't hack the quarter off and do some bullshit welding job putting a new one on. I would clean it up a bit, some new sealer etc. and repaint the quarter
Thing is, the damage, whatever it was, didn't look like it was too bad whatever it was. The quarter didn't look to be touched much from what I can tell?
Old 02-14-2017, 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

Also, wondering if anyone has any pictures of this area with the bumper/rear filler off so I can see what contours are suppose to be there and which ones aren't as I try to massage things back where they are suppose to be.

What kind of sealer would you recommend?

Quick Reply: Opinions on previous accident