Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Repainting '94 T/A

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 05:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repainting '94 T/A

I've repainted a few cars ove rthe years, but have never done one without completely stripping the car down to bare steel and working from that on out. My girlfriends '94 desperately needs a repaint and it looks as though we are just going to respray it black. There are a few dents in the quarter panels that I will have to fill. In the past, this has been easy as the cars already down to metal, so just fill, shoot some primer, block it and spray it. I don't really see the need to strip this entire car down to metal as it only has the original paint on it. The front and rear bumpers will need to be stripped as they have cracked fairly bad over the years, and I'll shoot them with SEM Flexible Primer. For the rest of the car, I think I'd just like to sand it, shoot a sealer over it and spray color. Can sealer be applied straight over the top of filler/glaze? I plan on shooting the car with PPG DBC Black and using DCD 35 clear as this is what I'm familiar with. Any recomondations on a sealer? Preferably black?
Old 02-20-2007, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dp90 lf if memory serves right, its ppgs black epoxy sealer
Old 02-20-2007, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

I Like The Car In The Sig