Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Someone towed my car last night

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Someone towed my car last night

Last night i was at my buddies apartment and i parked under a shaded area. A couple hours later i came out to leave and the car was gone.

I have the info of the towing company but i wont be able to pick it up till tomorrow and itll cost 150 bucks.
Just wondering if anyone has experience with this i am FREAKING out about HOW they towed the car and with what? What can i do if the car was messed up, who is responsible for damage?
Old 02-22-2007, 04:25 PM
TECH Regular

All I'm wondering is why they decided to tow your car. And as far as with what, they'll get towed with tow trucks of course. My bro in law tows cars himself and they use a chain on the back of the truck and hook it to the back of your car and tow it. Usually they tow cars for parking in either wrong or prohibited areas. Was that shaded area u parked in considered prohibited?
Old 02-22-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Chicago and towing is pretty common. I got my car towed last summer (my d.d., not the camaro) and all I was doing was dropping my groceries off. I parked the car, took my groceries upstairs, came back down, it was gone! Seriously, in less than 5 minutes. Most tow trucks now operate almost like a forklift, they just back up and scoop up your car with a t-shaped "fork"...the driver doesn't even have to get out of the truck most of the time. Those guys are ********!...lol.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh...and as far as who is responsible for damages, I guarantee you it won't be them. Damage probably isn't all that common, but I'm sure if anything did happen they'd either claim it was there before they towed, or say it was your fault because if you hadn't parked illegally in the first place nothing would have happened. I'm tellin' you, those companies are shady as hell...
Old 02-22-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

^ yeah thats what i thought, if they did back up to it and scoop it, which i think they did, the front end would have been nearly dragging the whole way
Old 02-22-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes it was a prohibited area too
Old 02-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think about the best you could do if they damaged your car would be to carry a cordless drill around with you equipped with a decent sized drill bit. Anytime you see one of their company trucks (with no one around of course), just drill a few holes in the sidewalls of their tires. It'll end up costing them enough in the long run...

Probably not the "right" thing to do, but I'd damn sure consider it. I doubt they'd own up to anything though.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:04 PM
TECH Veteran

dude i would freak out if my car was not where i left it. that really sucks it's like a nightmare.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

I can honestly say I am sorry to hear about your car getting towed. I always feel bad when I call and have someone towed from my parking spot at home, has happened several times too, I come home after a 10-11 hr day and I find someone parked in my spot.... It's labeled reserved and I even have a Camaro SS parking only sign tacked up..Still, they park there.. So I hit the preset for the office and the offenders car gets towed away, was always curious what happened after. I feel sorta bad now knowing it costs that much to get your car back..
My sympathies to ya and to anyone else that parks in a reserved area.. Beware. Cause I can imagine how pissed peeps get that pay extra every month and then come home after a long hard day at work and someone is in the spot they rent..Just my thoughts.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:38 AM
TECH Addict

Not to be insensitive to your situation, but this really doesn't belong in the Paint Forum. I'm going to let this go a day or so, but let's not turn this thread into a 2 or 3 page discussion. Let's end it here and return to paint/body work topics.

Thanks
Bryan
Old 02-28-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

It does belong in the paint section if it was dragged the whole way haha

Quick Reply: Someone towed my car last night