Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

front clip repaint?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front clip repaint?

My buddies dad is painting my front clip for me on the Z. he is repainting the whole headlight area and sides gloss black,and he is repainting the whole lower half of the bumper and is clearing the whole bumper. i'm also having him fix up and sand the area in thr front i kinda hacked up using a dremel for the intercooler and is charging $400.00. does that sound bout right? he does great work. just curious
Old 05-10-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't see how you could get it any cheaper. It is a good thing you know someone in the business to save you some money. Just be sure to say thanks.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Resident

That is cheap. My husband only hooks up people he knows with those kind of prices. It's great deal.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I got a great deal on my front bumper being repainted about a month ago for $400 cash by a local guy that was recommended to me. He did a real good job filling in all the little pits and divots. There were some he couldn't quite fill all the way because I only let him have the car for 3 days. He said with another day it would have been even better but I am satisfied with how it turned out.

I just noticed about 2 weeks ago that the left side has sanding marks showing through and there is a bubble (dime size) in the grille area. I took it to him to talk to him about it and he's fixing it for free. He's going to buff the left side and repaint the grille area for free.

My advice to anyone looking into having paint work done is to ask around at local performance shops for recommendations. If any of them own nice cars and have had body/paint work done, they probably know someone that does excellent work. That's how I found my guy.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:14 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah. my buddies dad has a small three car garage and is just know by word of mouth and alot of times the smaller shops like his do great work.. thanks fore the replies guys!
Old 05-15-2007, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

well picked up my front clip today and i was like WOW. very impressed with his work... not a bad spot anywhere and even sprayed the black area that uses the plastic clips up top and cleared it.

Quick Reply: front clip repaint?