Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Hood pin holes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 07:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood pin holes?

I might be getting a ws6 bolt on hood w/ hood pin holes installed for looks. I do not the holes there when I put it on. Is there way to put fiberglass filler or something in there? If so, what kind of cost am I going to run into having a shop do this?

Thanks guys!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:56 PM
TECH Resident

The hood is aftermarket i am assuming and they painted it and it has pint holes? Is it really bad like where they are very close together and they dont have paint it them? If its one here and there and they have paint where it doesn't look white in the middle i would sand with like 1000grt and fill them with clear then cut and buff for a quick fix. If it does look white inside try cleaning them with wax and grease remover with a tooth brush or a small brush and dab at it to get the white out then do what i said earlier. thats only if there is just one here and there and you dont want to paint the whole thing.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hes not talking pin holes like in body work from catalyste escaping... hes talking hood pins like on race cars... you should be able to refiberglass those holes... ifyou find someone that works with fiberglass it shouldnt be too bad.... id say the work plus the painting maybe $500- $600 depending of if the rest of the hood is straight...
Old 09-14-2007, 08:26 PM
TECH Regular

The hood does look very good minus the holes and there is only 2 of them. Just has to be sanded and repainted to match my car. I do have a guy that can do the sanding and painting for me for a buddy discount, but he doesn't do fiberglass work. Any idea how much just the fiberglass work will be?
Old 09-15-2007, 09:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

if you get some guy to do it on the side like after hours or somthing i cant see him charging more than $100 - $150... he just has to lay some fiberglass wait for it to dry sand and then fill to make it straight....
Old 09-15-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Resident

My bad i feel like a dumb *** now. lol It was late last night when i read it. those holes shouldn't be too bad just fill them back up with fiberglass and sand them down and reprimer those spots. He has to repaint the whole hood anyway. I agree with transmaro on the price.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Regular

it doesnt even take that long to dry.... if u use like a fiberglass resin... mix a little extra hardener **** will be practicly dry in 10 mins max.... thats what i sed to fill my camaro across the front bumper.. and let me tell u ... it dried quick!

Quick Reply: Hood pin holes?