Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Gap between door and front quarter panel...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gap between door and front quarter panel...

ive heard this happens pretty often but i have gaps between my door and front panel (was like this when i got it)... one side is worse than the other.... is there any quick fix to this?

edit: the gap is just on the bottom corner, like the door curves inwards or something

Last edited by Silas2k; 10-06-2007 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's from somebody jacking up your car and bending the fender tabs, look under the fenders and you'll see a tab with 2 bolts, bet you $1 it's bent
The solution, if the tab on the fender isn't broken, is to remove the bolts and straighten the metal part out (use vise grips, or body tools if you want to get fancy) reattatch the fenders, and the gap should be gone
Old 10-07-2007, 07:51 PM
TECH Regular

yeah my buddy bought an ss and it was the same way... and my other buddy who was helping my jack my car t swap my summer rims actually jacked it there and popped the fender out a little... doesnt it say not to jack there? ahah... yeah Do exactly what ^ says
Old 10-09-2007, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

+1 for the bent fender tab. That is why I turn my own wrenches on my car. Sent it out for some mechanical work and came back with new custom fender flares.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:14 PM
TECH Regular

Default Fender gap

Originally Posted by 2K2WS6TA
It's from somebody jacking up your car and bending the fender tabs, look under the fenders and you'll see a tab with 2 bolts, bet you $1 it's bent
The solution, if the tab on the fender isn't broken, is to remove the bolts and straighten the metal part out (use vise grips, or body tools if you want to get fancy) reattatch the fenders, and the gap should be gone
Just get a piece of 2x4 about 2 feet long and a 20oz hammer and pound the bottom where the two bolts are and your front fenders will line up to your door. Make sure that the bottom of your fenders aren't cracked like mine. I had to drill two tech screws in to keep the fender from moving. Also, if you have anybody work on your car, be there to make sure they don't jack up your car in that spot!

Quick Reply: Gap between door and front quarter panel...