Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

rear ended, how much speed does it take cause frame damage?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

small update, the company said they wont even consider a diminished value claim till its fixed. so now I am going to get it fixed of course but have to wait for this claim till I have things fixed. well I talked what about the accident report, etc... and they said they have diminished value adjuster, etc.. where I have to get my own estimate like a trade-in value from a dealer or something proving I will lose money then they will look at the repairs and do their own report. I said its not about the repairs its about that it happened and I really didnt get an answer.

they gave me the good old "quality of the repair shop" speech. so my hands are tied right now.

looks like I now can just start ripping it apart to see if at least they owe me money for impact bar and absorber.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MdFormula350
small update, the company said they wont even consider a diminished value claim till its fixed. so now I am going to get it fixed of course but have to wait for this claim till I have things fixed. well I talked what about the accident report, etc... and they said they have diminished value adjuster, etc.. where I have to get my own estimate like a trade-in value from a dealer or something proving I will lose money then they will look at the repairs and do their own report. I said its not about the repairs its about that it happened and I really didnt get an answer.

they gave me the good old "quality of the repair shop" speech. so my hands are tied right now.

looks like I now can just start ripping it apart to see if at least they owe me money for impact bar and absorber.
They have to give you a new impact bar and absorber unless they want to get their *** sued.

Dim value report is supposed to be proved third party and you have the obligation to prove it. That is something YOU have to arrange. It needs to be after the repairs so the appraiser can look at the quality of the work and see if bad repairs have had an effect.

Sounds like you are talking to them on the phone. Don't do that. Mail/Fax only. They will BS you on the phone because it isn't on paper that they said it.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah I need to take some pics and call the adjuster that has come over already so he can document it if I find some things that dont look normal.

I am pretty sure they have to be banged up somewhat because something certainly took most of the hit.

I still plan to have my friend pull the frame out, which he has been doing that kinda stuff for 3 years now. I already told the adjuster I plan to do most of the work myself just because I dont want other places having the car, so maybe thats why they never said anything about a rental car or money for one.

I am more of a none phone person, I hate talking on the phone but I have been talking to like 4 diff. people in this company its crazy since they all do diff. things, I wanted to get the answer quickly and things rolling, for the DV claim they have their own adjuster and thats going to be a whole other circus .

either way repair quality is one thing but the fact that it HAS been in the accident now IMO affects the value I can get and I plan to prove it a month or so after getting this fixed.

I bought this car because it was never in an accident as far as I could tell and was all stock, etc.. now it makes me sick even though the accident wasnt bad at all, I spent time and money for this car because of the great condition it was in.

I can just see it now from their DV adjuster, "well its looks to be in before accident condition which equals no loss in value, bye".

o well i guess I just need to take it in the butt
Old 12-16-2007, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed

Dim value report is supposed to be proved third party and you have the obligation to prove it. That is something YOU have to arrange. It needs to be after the repairs so the appraiser can look at the quality of the work and see if bad repairs have had an effect.
Exactly. You have to prove up your diminished value claim. The dimple in the frame is minimal and as far as I am concerned there is no DV on that car. An appraisal will probably cost you several hundred dollars and it probably won't even be worth your time.

Giving you an initial check for the damages that are visible is totally normal! If the shop finds additional damage, the shop will contact the insurance company, the adjuster wil come out to re-inspect, and then the insurance company will issue you/the shop a supplemental payment.

The insurance company will provide you with a rental/loss of use check while the repairs are being made to your vehicle. You have the right to have your vehicle repaired anywhere you want.

Your demand for "cell phone expenses" probably gave everyone at the office a good laugh Your claim is for property damage only.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right the DV is completely on you.
There are diff types of DV: 1) from just being in an accident. 2) repairs weren't possible to recreate the car like it was before 3) Someone didn't repair the car right or did so cheaply.

If they cheap out on repairing the car you can still get an apprasial from a local source and fight them with it.

Hope you find some resolution. I can completely understand if you don't want to post much. Actually, its almost smart not to post online at all.

Legal consulation overrides anything posted here, anywhere on the net, or from anyone else you talk to. You can contact your State Dept of Insurance and talk to them for free. They will fill you in about state laws for free and give good advice about your situation for free.

Your insurer has a legal obligation to provide the coverage it promises. They have to pay personal property damage even if they make you sign a release the first day. Personal injury releases are forever!

You do not have to allow the insurance company to tape you.

Keep all receipts of meals, lodging, and purchases made in connection with time spent pursuing your claim or recovering from your injuries from the time of the covered event until final settlement with your insurance company.

If the insurance just will not pay, then go after the Driver/Insured. Let the insurance know you will go after their client.

Possibly try this fourm: http://www.LaborLawTalk.com

IF you were injuired that is the most important part and will make you claim much more serious to the insurance company.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BOTTLEDZ28
If I where you, I would take the bumper off yourself and then remove the plastic panel behind it and maybe the impact bar. Then take it back to a shop and get an estimate to fix it correctly. Tell the shop to add in for GM parts only. if the estimate shows a new bumper cover going on then it must be painted and that means blending the paint into both sides of the quarter panels. That means more money. Then show them the frame and add in for that along with anything else that may be bent or cracked. Take the estimate and submit it to your insuance company and ask for them to cut you a check and you will have it fixed at a shop of your choice. it is your decision on where you get the car fixed. Once the check arrives, fix what you want. From the looks of it, I wouldnt fix anything at all. Not even the frame rails, you said the hatchs shuts just fine right? if it does then leave the car alone. Take the money and buy something for your car. if the paint is cracked or scuffed on the cover them maybe you could throw some money into having it painted but I would wait and see how bad it gets over time and then go from there.

I did the same thing with my old 97ws6ta. I fishtailed off the road and it slid down into a wet ditch. The front cover was pushed in a little and the driver side ground effect was cracked. a little water had seeped into the driver footwell too. I called my insurance company and they came and looked at it. Before they did though, I manually turned the drivers hardlamp up half way and then unplugged it, I then swapped over a curbed rashed wheel from the other side to the drivers side and then deflated my tire. I took a spray bottle and sprayed a mist of water on the rug to make it feel wet. I also popped my hood latch and "jammed" the hood there so he couldnt look into the headamp assembly. I also pulled the fuse for the windows and told him water got into the door. The adjusted wrote in for:
new 17x9 polished ws6 wheel
new tire
new bumper cover
new ground effects
new drivers headlamp and motor
new window motor assembly and a lot of hours to replace it
countless hours removing the interior to be cleaned
a few hours on the frame machine to insure it was straight
and then paint and materials and labor.

he printed me a check right there in the driveway for $4,300.

After the guy left, I filled my tire up, plugged in my fuse and motors and then pushed the cover back out. The paint on the cover was still perfect and you couldnt even tell. I ordered a new ground effect piece and had it painted off the car and picked it up from the shop and put it on myself. As for the water issue, I took the carpet out and cleaned it all up the day of the accident. The water I sprayed on the rug that day the adjuster looked at it, evaperated in a few hours. I think the ground effect cost $150 total at the time. Not that bad of a deal I must say. The only reason for doing this was because the insurance company screwed me over BIGTIME on my last car. I was the last one laughing.

I know this is a REALLY REALLY old thread, but since no one said anything, I'm gonna, dude doing this is one thing, openly admitting it on the internet is pure stupidity, if your insurance ever caught wind of this you would be in HUGE trouble because this is straight up INSURANCE FRAUD and if you think they "screwed" you before wait till you see what happens with this.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Staging Lane

What are you, the internet correctness police?? Mind your Fing business!!!

Quick Reply: rear ended, how much speed does it take cause frame damage?