Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Front Bumper Crooked?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Bumper Crooked?

I have an 01 WS6 and the guy that owned this car before me apparently wrecked the front end at some point and had a **** poor shop do the repairs. The driver side fender is lower then the hood, the passenger side fender seems about right but the front bumper is to high on that side and it all pushes together on that side and bows inward to form what looks like a dent. On the passenger side the headlight scrapes the front bumper when it opens and on the driverside where its lower theres this ridiculous gap. I'd post pictures, but its snowing and dark right now. Needless to say, the front bumper is cockeyed and the drivers side fender is sitting to low.

My question in all this is, now that I have time to hopefully fix this ridiculousness, is this going to be a matter of just adjusting the body panels by loosening screws and bolts or is there something more to this that I'm not thinking about? Another question is, does all that sound like it's just maladjusted or does that sound like some supporting surface somewhere is bent?

The guy that had this car really did a number on her. I've been plagued with making little fixes here and there.... but I love a fixer upper.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I cant say for sure, without pics, you could probably adjust it by simply loosening bolts and readjusting. However that being said, if he wrecked it good, bent the mounting tabs as I call them, then you might have to take it off and fix those before you can get it perfectly straight. Odds are the body shop didnt take the time to fix it right.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

most of them time you can just adjust all the pannels. I re-build total loss cars and even when all the brakets and **** are perfect body pannels can still be a chore to line up. im having a really bad time adjusting my passenger side headlight, tis resting on the lip of my front bumper.

Quick Reply: Front Bumper Crooked?