Go Back   LS1TECH > CHASSIS, SUSPENSION, APPEARANCE > Paint & Body Work
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Welcome to LS1Tech.com!
Welcome to LS1Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join LS1Tech.com today!

Old 06-09-2008, 11:59 AM   #1
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 4
Default Marble or Marbelized paint job!?

i love the marble paint job look!!! Does anyone have any good examples of it? Its rare and even google doesnt have anything but it amazes me its so rich and deep and different. Im not sure what you could do with it on our cars but im a fan of it in general so any pics would work but if you could find something on a trans am or corvette that would be awesome! Maybe interior? Or a racing stripe? Or something i dont know.....kandy marble flames? Tangelo into perywinkle pearl marble fade flames would be a straight trip!

this is the best google could come up with just scroll down a little it has some nice examples
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DX
evilZO6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #2
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilZO6 View Post
i love the marble paint job look!!! Does anyone have any good examples of it? Its rare and even google doesnt have anything but it amazes me its so rich and deep and different. Im not sure what you could do with it on our cars but im a fan of it in general so any pics would work but if you could find something on a trans am or corvette that would be awesome! Maybe interior? Or a racing stripe? Or something i dont know.....kandy marble flames? Tangelo into perywinkle pearl marble fade flames would be a straight trip!

this is the best google could come up with just scroll down a little it has some nice examples
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DX

i would say marbalized racing stripes would be simple and give it a unique appeal. i dont know about any heavy graphics and how marbleizer works. perhaps even a marbalized phoenix on a t/a hood.
svtaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:22 PM   #3
LS1Tech Sponsor
Garage is empty, add now

Talking

Go to the House of Kolor web site, you should be able to find what your looking for there.
www.bmrsuspension.com (Order directly off our website with your credit card too!)
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
***Find a Quality Alignment Shop Near You!***
BMR Tech2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #4
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Go to the House of Kolor web site, you should be able to find what your looking for there.
texfx aswell. i think they will have alot more examples of marbalizer than house of kolor on their website. they have illustrative videoas and how it is done aswell.
svtaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:40 PM   #5
On The Tree
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 3

I believe marbelized paint is actually rather complex being like a 5 stage paint rather than your typical 2-3 stage paint. I would contact a body shop to make sure but I am rather sure I asked about that when I ran into the owner of a green marble B-body. Plus after having my car painted twice I have learned a lot about special effects paint.
pheonix_rising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:08 PM   #6
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 7

Marbelizing is a technique where painters will use plastic or even foil on top of paint to get the marbelized effect. It looks cool if used in moderation. I could see it on flames or maybe even stripes but I'd get tired of it fast if ithere was too much of it on the car.

2010 Black 2SS/RS M6
1978 Trans Am Black L78 400
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:54 AM   #7
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Right, i kno what itis, and i kno0w where to get it, and i know how to do it. I was just looking for pictures of it done. I havnt checked out house of colors website yet i didnt even think. Ill check that one and that other one. Thanks for the help so far guys!
Old 06-10-2008, 10:10 AM   #8
LS1Tech Sponsor
Garage is empty, add now

If you can't find any chips online go to your local automotive paint supply store and they should have some chips to look at.
www.bmrsuspension.com (Order directly off our website with your credit card too!)
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
***Find a Quality Alignment Shop Near You!***
BMR Tech2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:24 PM   #9
TECH Junkie
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to slick1851

I think stripes would look cool like this...

But beyond that, it could look like somthing from meixco
slick1851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:59 AM   #10
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
It looks cool if used in moderation. I could see it on flames or maybe even stripes but I'd get tired of it fast if ithere was too much of it on the car.
Yeah, I don't like to see an entire car painted like that...just too much. Swat
Swiat34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:59 PM   #11
TECH Addict
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 12
Send a message via AIM to Fast_94_Z Send a message via MSN to Fast_94_Z Send a message via Yahoo to Fast_94_Z

yeah i did a car with a marble paint job on for a kid when i was still in school and he wanted the this really stupid color combination. it looked like hell but only because they colors didnt correspond well with eachother. oh well its just a mudding 4x4 so who cares according to him. anyways i think it might look kool for stripes but not a whole car.
Fast_94_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:15 AM   #12
Launching!
Garage is empty, add now

Here is a pic of my old bike. My uncle painted it for me.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
2000 NBM Camaro SS #1873
96 S-10 DD
02 Silver SLP SS A4 Hardtop 2.00 60', 1/8 8.31 @ 86MPH, 1/4 12.87 @ 106MPH "Sold"
98 Red Z28 A4 "Sold" 362.0 rwhp and 341.6 rwtq,1/8 mile 7.67 @ 88.9MPH, 1.64 60' "Sold"
Kennedy98z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:27 AM   #13
TECH Apprentice
Garage is empty, add now

alsacorp.com has some awesome paint additives too

01 Z28 Vert - c5 wheels, factory rs kit, FTP lid, granatelli MAF ends, magnaflow cats and catback
dragcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:53 AM   #14
TECH Regular
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 2

stripes would look awesome
Old 06-12-2008, 03:04 PM   #15
TECH Regular
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 10

stripes! especially the flag style like the 35th
ugaredcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:06 PM   #16
Garage is empty, add now

Default marblize technique???

now people i paint for a living and iam feed up with people not sharing secrets...having said that i have been fortunate enough to meet some great people in the paint business many many skilled and creative people. i might get some bad feedback for what iam about to to write but FUCK IT!! it might come out to help us all in learning, but check this out.......to marblize you have to spray your base color first or the "background" color first and let it dry up then spray your top color on top of it and wait for it to dry up about 60% to 80% (depending on where you live-humidity-thickness & all that other good stuff) and then put saran wrap on it and shift it a 1/4 inch or so in a manner that it breaks the top coat and shows the bottom coat. now i maybe wrong but thats the ghetto way of doing it. house of kolor has a much easier way but i dont know it. anyway it might take a few goes but hey maybe you could give me some tips. its just the basics of it. OH AND DONT FORGET THE SHADOWS OR FLAKES......MAYBE KANDY OVER IT!!!
rudyrude432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:36 AM   #17
TECH Enthusiast
2005 Pontiac Grand Prix

^^^^^^^^thank you^^^^^^^^^^
it is a pain in the ***** to work with, i do it with plaastic wrap, humidity even in a paint booth, comes to play all the time, we painters have to go by the 15degree rule, we have to know our materials like the back of our hands, this is not for the under experienced, this is not a technique that is learned over the youtube videos, its is art form!!!! painting and beinig creative comes naturally, its not taught we can teach you how to paint but thats it, the rest is up to you if you have it in you

hok marblizer is very easy to work with, with experience, doing the technique is easy with experience, ya dont have experience, your fucked, to much of it it looks bad real bad, in small amount of graphics looks great, ive done them in flames but only in the tips, anyways its coslty, very costly and time consuming, where the cost of labor comes into play=EXPENSIVE!!!
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:47 PM   #18
Staging Lane
2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

i prefer house of color myself but its not cheap
deathbydisplacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #19
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

WOW back from the dead! I cn't even believe that was over a year ago that i posted this!!!! Still no examples though lol!
Old 07-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #20
Garage is empty, add now

Here are some pictures of my 1997 grand prix whole body has a marble paintjob, even the taillights.
Attached Thumbnails
Marble or Marbelized paint job!?-gp1.jpg   Marble or Marbelized paint job!?-gp2.jpg   Marble or Marbelized paint job!?-gp3.jpg   Marble or Marbelized paint job!?-gp4.jpg   Marble or Marbelized paint job!?-gp5.jpg  

Marble or Marbelized paint job!?-gp6.jpg   Marble or Marbelized paint job!?-gp7.jpg   Marble or Marbelized paint job!?-gp8.jpg   Marble or Marbelized paint job!?-gp9.jpg  
austen_567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:06 PM
LS1Tech
Pontiac Firebird

Paid Advertisement

Tags
car, cars, colors, effect, foil, house, job, jobs, made, marbalizers, marbelized, marble, marbleized, paint, painted