Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

2000 Formula Hatch problem

Old 08-15-2008, 05:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2000 Formula Hatch problem

Ive searched on here for about two hours and cant really find anything about the hatch other then it squeaks and that you can fix the locking mech if it isnt sitting right. I think I have a whole other issue going on.

On my Formula the hatch looks like its literally seperating apart. If you look at it real close you can see the fiberglass of the hatch on the top part and the unpainted white part on the bottom. The result is that the hatch sits higher then its suppose to and Im worried that itll eventually come apart completely and I will be left to buy a new hatch.

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails 2000 Formula Hatch problem-problem.jpg  
Old 08-15-2008, 09:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you removed the plastic panels from the hatch to see if latch is coming apart from the hatch or pulled back the carpet to see if the lock mechanism is loose or coming apart? The latch mechanism is adjustable somewhat.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is no problem with the latch at all. Its the actual panels on the hatch. They are literally coming apart.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

bodyshop! when my car was hit my hatch looked somewhat like that only more severe. unless you can find a different hatch for a good price go with a bodyshop
Old 08-15-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

This car has never been hit by anything though. It seriously looks like it just came unglued from the top part of the hatch. I pulled out the little rubber stoppers and there are no screws or anything holding them together so I just came to that conclusion.

Search this Thread