Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Aftermarket 35th stripe removal?

Old 08-24-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Aftermarket 35th stripe removal?

I got back into another f body, too good to pass up a 1 owner SS Vert. Traded for my truck straight up Anyway, I am looking to get these damn stripes off they are vynil I assume. They are starting to peel away and they look like crap. I never liked these stripes anyway. Is there a substance I can buy that will help it peel right off. Right now its so dry and cracked it just comes off in pieces smaller then a pencil eraser. There has to be another way any suggestions?

Damon
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket 35th stripe removal?-front.jpg   Aftermarket 35th stripe removal?-tail.jpg  
Old 08-25-2008, 07:29 PM
11 Second Club

Email 3rd Gen decals and ask them what they would recommend. I was going to suggest a blow dryer but I don't know for sure if it will work that well for you.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:36 PM
TECH Junkie

heat gun would be my first choice. The heat will melt the adhesive and should make them easy to pull up. But asking a shop that specializes in it will be a smart idea
Old 08-25-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks guys.

I got them off. I used a "Autobody Eraser Wheel". Some guys at work suggested it after they saw my stripes. I gotta buff it now but otherwise it came out pretty damn good. I just put it in my highspeed and wizzed away. Was scared at first, but no matter how hard I digged it did nothing to the paint but peeled that sticker off like it was nothing. My garage air comp. could handle only so much and I drained my cordless so it took alittle longer then I wanted. The wheel is like a heavy duty eraser on a wheel. When the wheel got hot it stripped that sticker like it was nothing.

It took me roughly 3.5 hrs and that include pulling the spoiler to get under it. Another hour to clean up so about 4.5 hours.

Here is something similar to I used. Its for peeling pin striping. I am tired screw grammer and spelling lol.
http://store.autotoolexpress.com/sgt17910.html
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket 35th stripe removal?-11.jpg   Aftermarket 35th stripe removal?-22.jpg   Aftermarket 35th stripe removal?-33.jpg  

Last edited by bd mnky; 08-25-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

slow

not to bad though
Old 08-27-2008, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thinking about doing this soon, thanks for the link BadMonkey

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aftermarket 35th stripe removal?