Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

painting urathane or poly

Old 09-08-2008, 11:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default painting urathane or poly

I just bought a rksport kit from ebay and I was going to paint it..because its urathane or polyurane does it requiere and special paint or bando what is usually the proccess.....
Old 09-08-2008, 06:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it bare plastic ordoes it have primer on it? if its plastic i wash it really good theni use a gold 3m scuff pad with spies and hekker low voc scuff paste to do everything. i wash it down dry and go over to see if i missed any spots. if i didnt i just repeate the process. if its primer on the other hand usually i ruff it up a big with some 400 grit and then use a red 3m scuff pad. thats for prep work as for paint work theres different things that you can do. for bare plastic we have a special elastic primer/sealer that must go on first then followed by the basecoat and clear coat. for primer we clean it, seal it and paint. if you need me help let me know.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i do raw plastic this way, wash with warm soapy water, scuff with grey pad if it is still slick wash 1 more time, apply adheshion promoter, 30 mins later, then apply a sealer
base then clear
if it is primed, scuff with red pad, use 330, sealer, base,clear
there is no need for flex agent, it does evaporate after 6 months, it is only used for us the tech for assembly

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: painting urathane or poly