Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

USED 31 spline 9" trutrac

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default USED 31 spline 9" trutrac

Category: Drivetrain
Price: $300
Part Fits: 2010+ Camaro, 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, Corvette, 04-06 Pontiac GTO, 04+ Cadillac CTS-V, 67-92 Chevrolet Camaro, 67-92 Pontiac Firebird
Location (State): NC
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LS2/LS3/LS7/L92/LS9, LS1/LS6, LT1/LT4, Small Block, Big Block
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

I have a used 31 spline truetrac for a 9" for sale. I took it out of my car because it started making a popping sound when leaving from a stop and making a sharp turn. I bought a wavetrac from Brutespeed assuming my Trutrac was toast. When we (my rearend builder and I) took the Trutrac out and took it apart we noticed one of the axles was slightly too long and was hitting the inner "shims" which acctually "dented in" the shims cuasing them to be somewhat cup like and making them rub on the outer portion of the shims causing false lockup of the unit. I took the best pics I could to show the wear spots from the axle hitting it as well as the wear on the outter edge of the shim where it was rubbing the unit. My rearend builder and I feel there is absolutly nothing wrong with the unit itself and would be perfectly fine if you bought new shims or flattend these out in a press. Am I 100% sure its perfect? No, but I am 99% sure it is. Im not trying to screw anyone over and am trying to explain this the best way I know how. The gears and splines in it look perfect with no abnormal wear or broken parts. I took the best pics I could but would be more than willing to take as many pics as one would need. Im asking $300 shipped for it. Call or text will be fine or you can PM me with questions. 336-847-9170 - Greg

Old 07-31-2012, 09:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 168 Likes on 119 Posts

those are bellville washers they are supposed to be like that to preload the unit.