Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

10 bolt rear end Ls1 solddddd

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10 bolt rear end Ls1 solddddd

Category: Drivetrain
Price: $385
Part Fits: 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird
Location (State): IL
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LS1/LS6
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

i have a rear end out of a 01 camaro ss. its a 10 bolt.. it has like new eaton posi which has like 10 miles on it and same goes for girdle. 373 gear. put a 9 inch in car so there is no use for this rear end., i do have backing plates and ls1 calipers i will include with the sale.. $385, its a 3 channel rear end..pm me if interested,, over a grand invested in it..

Last edited by mario89; 08-28-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:38 AM
Banned

Not looking for trades.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:05 AM
Teching In

damn if i wasnt in the middle of my 408 build id snag this for my other camaro the rear is shot!!! lol glws!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Teching In

where are you located
Old 08-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Banned

In New Lenox illinois.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dickberry101
damn if i wasnt in the middle of my 408 build id snag this for my other camaro the rear is shot!!! lol glws!!!
Thanks, yea stock ones are going for what same price as mine.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

Send pics to 6203049031 that the exact setup I was just getting ready to build
Old 08-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by superman2002
Send pics to 6203049031 that the exact setup I was just getting ready to build
pics sent
Old 08-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Teching In

im interested in the rear.....send pics to 9016267838....if its not already sold.....
Old 08-27-2012, 02:19 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Thread reopened until the sale is resolved.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Banned

its sold..
Old 08-27-2012, 03:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mario89
its sold..
Yes, it was, but you posted inaccurate information about the rear. I sent you a PM about it.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Staging Lane

Is the rearend for sale let me know 6203049031 ill buy it
Old 08-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

i have a rear end out of a 01 camaro ss. its a 10 bolt.. it has like new eaton posi which has like 10 miles on it and same goes for girdle. 373 gear. put a 9 inch in car so there is no use for this rear end., i do have backing plates and ls1 calipers i will include with the sale.. $385, its a 3 channel rear end..pm me if interested,, over a grand invested in it..
Quoted for reference.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Macs98Z
Yes, it was, but you posted inaccurate information about the rear. I sent you a PM about it.
bullshit. I have witnesses That seen the rear end i shippwd, ur full of ****. Ur showing ur stock rear end trying to scam and to keep my rear end. Sorry no one is gonna fall for ur ****. Have a good day scammer
Old 08-29-2012, 07:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

bullshit. I have witnesses That seen the rear end i shippwd, ur full of ****. Ur showing ur stock rear end trying to scam and to keep my rear end. Sorry no one is gonna fall for ur ****. Have a good day scammer
Wow. Where to start. Well, first of all, mario89 was fine to deal with in the beginning. Very reasonable about everything--even so far as being willing to split the cost of sending the money order. I bought the rear mentioned in this thread. Here's the quote from his ad up top:
As you can see, he mentioned that it had a newly installed eaton posi, with 3.73s, and was a 3 channel rear. He shipped the rear out to me on Wednesday of last week and I picked up the rear on Monday morning. When I got the rear, it was nothing as described. Besides being rusty and obviously sitting with water in it for a while, it didn't have an eaton, it had an auburn (could be stock for all I know). It didn't have 3.73s, it had 3.23s. And, it wasn't a 3 channel, it was a 4 channel. I've posted pictures of the shipping information I received when I picked up the rear, the differential, the fact that it is a 4 channel, and have a link to a video I posted on youtube showing the rear has 3.23s, not the 3.73s he claimed:

I contacted him right away with the pictures and sent him a PM trying to correct the matter. All I asked was for my money back so I could ship his rear back to him. I do not want to keep this rear. I cannot use it--my car is a 3 channel car. I gave him 24 hours starting Monday evening to start communicating a solution to me, which he refused. I told him I wanted to deal with this privately before taking it onto the forum. He repeatedly denied the rear's condition as I have documented, and ended up accusing me of having another rear laying around that I switched into the picture so I could get away with this, which is absolutely ridiculous. Why would I keep another rear laying around (a 4 channel, no less, when my car is a 3 channel rear) so I can swap it into a picture? I live in a small apartment with a small basement which you can just about completely see in the video (the camera starts taping on one end of the basement). There's absolutely no way I have enough room down there to keep spare rearends for scamming people. Anyway, here are all of our PMs so everyone can see. After I discovered the rear had a problem, I refused to call or text mario89 as I wanted to be sure everything was in writing on here in PMs, so nothing could be twisted that either of us said. I have nothing to hide from our communication.

Quote:
Sorry to send you another PM, but could you also answer a few questions about the rear? How many miles on the rear--was it rebuilt? I know you said the posi had 10 miles. Also, does the pinion have any slop in it? Does it have any other upgrades besides the eaton and the girdle, like axles? You mentioned having a grand in it, so I was just wondering what all that included. Thanks for your time.

Scott

P.S.--Also, could you shoot me your paypal as well?
Quote:
the rear end itself came out of a 30k mile car.. pinion feels good, girdle, posi,, gear and installation of it all was just over a grand.. i dont use paypal, u can see me feedbacks that i dont bs, i just dont use it.. i sold parts that were very expensive and never had a problem.. let me know what u wanna do
Quote:
Mario,

I sent you an email with some pictures. Please see them before you read this. I am providing a quote from your original ad for the rear:

"i have a rear end out of a 01 camaro ss. its a 10 bolt.. it has like new eaton posi which has like 10 miles on it and same goes for girdle. 373 gear. put a 9 inch in car so there is no use for this rear end., i do have backing plates and ls1 calipers i will include with the sale.. $385, its a 3 channel rear end..pm me if interested,, over a grand invested in it.."

I picked up the rear today. The first thing I noticed is that this rear did not have a girdle--it has the optional AAM aluminum cover that came on some SS cars. I was disappointed, but I figured not a big deal. I gave you the benefit of the doubt because it does look similar to a girdle. I got the rear home, however and decided to pop the cover--"Just in case," I thought. I am glad I did, but I was very angry to find that this rear fits NONE of the items in your description.

It is not a 3 channel, it is a 4 channel (although you did send me the backing plates you promised, which appear to be 3 channel?).

It does not have an Eaton posi, it has an Auburn.

It does not have 3.73s, it has 3.23s (I counted--twice--13 teeth on the pinion and 42 teeth on the ring gear).

Also, I'm sure you can tell from the pictures I emailed that this rear has a good deal of rust inside. It's apparent it has had water inside it, and it looks like it has been there for a while.

In addition, I have my doubts as to it even being rebuilt. You mentioned in our phone conversation that Speed Inc did the rebuild. I called them and had the guy check their service records for you. You are in their system, but they have no record of having had a rear done there.

I'm not sure what the deal with this rear is. I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you made an honest mistake, but there's a lot wrong here and that seems to be a stretch. I am going to send this rear back to you and I want my money back, plus shipping costs both ways. Please keep your responses to PMs for documentation purposes. Thanks.

Scott
Attached Thumbnails 10 bolt rear end Ls1  solddddd-img_3950.jpg   10 bolt rear end Ls1  solddddd-img_3943.jpg   10 bolt rear end Ls1  solddddd-img_3951.jpg   10 bolt rear end Ls1  solddddd-img_3964.jpg   10 bolt rear end Ls1  solddddd-img_3968.jpg  

Last edited by Macs98Z; 08-29-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default continuation of PMs from mario89

The PM chain was too long for one post, so I continued it here:

Quote:
U can call or text me. The rear end is just like i said it was. Its a 373 with a brand New posi. It sat for a while hence why it has surface rust. Nothing wrong with the rear end. if u wanna.discuss this furthur u r more then welcome to text or call.me ..
Quote:
I am keeping this to PMs for review, if necessary, by the moderators. Please respond to the points I already made about the rear not being as described and make the necessary agreements to receive the rear back.

--"IMG_3963" shows the boss where the ABS sensor hole would be drilled if this rear were a 3 channel, which it isn't. This is a 4 channel rear, whereas you stated it was a 3.

--"IMG_3958" shows the Auburn symbol stamped on the side of the differential. You said the rear had a nearly new Eaton with somewhere around 10 miles on it.

--I can't show you with a picture the number of teeth on the ring gear and pinion to prove they are 3.23s, and not the 3.73s you stated in your ad. These are indeed 3.23s, however--13 teeth on the pinion and 42 teeth on the ring gear. I counted, twice before, and again once more before sending this PM. I will also document if necessary in a video.

If you have not taken any action to resolve this within 24 hours, I am contacting the moderators and making this issue public on the boards. I simply want my money back. I have spent an entire day between going to get this rear and dealing with all the necessary picture taking/researching/communicating after discovering the rear was not as described. I only want my money back and this rear gone. I have no use for this rear as it is. The rear I bought was the one you described, not the one I received.

Scott
Quote:
Mario,

I made this video last night documenting the number of teeth on the ring and pinion gears to show they are 3.23s, not the 3.73s you stated in your ad. Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDMhb0ePtv8&feature=plcp

Scott
Quote:
U said u had ur rear end there too with stock rear end. This is probably ur rear end cause mine was,perfect and had 373 gear. . I never bsed anyone. ur trying to get stuff for free and it wont happen.
Quote:
When did I say that? This is the very reason I refused to call you or answer your texts, because I wanted everything that is said in writing on here for everyone to see in case you began accusing me of saying things I did not say. The only rear I have is in my car right now, which I was planning on switching out with this one until I found out the information you gave me about it was incorrect. Also, my car does not have traction control and has a 3 channel rear in it, which is why I needed this rear to be a 3 channel. I can prove that my car does not have TCS too if you would like. This rear is a 4 channel. I am not trying to get anything for free--I am trying to get you to take the rear back and give me my money back.

Maybe you are ignorant of what the rear actually was that you sold me. Either way, the facts are that this rear is not as described. As well, either way your rear and my money need to be returned. I will give you until tonight to agree to take the rear back and give me my money back. If you have not by that time, I will be posting all of this information publicly in the thread as well as contacting the moderators. You can decide to handle this privately or not, it's up to you.

Scott
Quote:
Just sent you an email with 3 more pictures to document the fact that I own a 3 channel rearend car. In the shot of the door code you'll notice the code NW9 is absent, which is the code for traction control.

Scott
Old 08-29-2012, 07:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

mario89, I am again asking that you please refund my money so I can send this rear back! It is of no use to me!!!

Last edited by Macs98Z; 08-29-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I had no problems dealing with Scott (Macs98Z) as his payment was fast and the transaction was smooth!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JOHNNY59
I had no problems dealing with Scott (Macs98Z) as his payment was fast and the transaction was smooth!
Thanks for the support, Johnny59. You were a pleasure to deal with as well! I wish it were you that had sold me this rear. I wouldn't be having this problem...

Quick Reply: 10 bolt rear end Ls1 solddddd