Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

18x12" 17x9.5" Chromed C5 Z06 wheels + drag radials

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 12:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 18x12" 17x9.5" Chromed C5 Z06 wheels + drag radials

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price: $1000
Part Fits: 2010+ Camaro, 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, Corvette, 04-06 Pontiac GTO, 04+ Cadillac CTS-V, 67-92 Chevrolet Camaro, 67-92 Pontiac Firebird, Front wheel drive vehicles
Location (State): TX
Item Condition: Brand New
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LS2/LS3/LS7/L92/LS9, LS1/LS6, LT1/LT4, Small Block, Big Block
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

I'm offering my Speedline wheels for sale. The fronts are standard 17x9.5" and the rears are widened by Weldcraft to 18x12" for mini-tubbed cars, not to be confused with the House of Wheels 18x12" wheels. The House of Wheels stick out farther than factory wheels, whereas these add all of the width inwards. They aren't in perfect shape, but they look really good. There's about 1.25" of rash on 3 wheels and the 4th had something hit it and leave a mark on the lip and one mark on one of the spokes (That's the one in the video). I could swear that they chromed over the rash because the chrome isn't affected at all. The tires are Toyo R888's. I love the R888's. The wet traction is excellent and dry is what I consider the best balance between traction and treadwear that I've experienced.
The Hoosier drag radials wear quickly, but the traction is amazing! I'm stepping up my power and need a taller tire to achieve my goals.
The Hoosiers don't come with much line showing to begin with and there's about 1/32 remaining on those. Where most tires begin with 9/32" tread depth, the Hoosiers begin with only half that at 9/64"
The R888's have 3.5-4 remaining based on my measurements.
The rear wheels run 400 a pair, shipping to Weldcraft, donor wheels for welding rings are 100.00/pr if I remember correctly, then 500.00 for the work and then shipping to the chrome shop, 150/wheel and then shipping back. Bottom line is that there's a ridiculous amount of money tied up in these rears and I'm aware that doesn't matter. They're not perfect. The chrome is pitting inside the barrels and very lightly some of the spokes of some of the wheels.
Estimated cost of new:
Fresh rear wheels would cost ~1500.00
New R888's 750.00
Perfect set of chromed Speedline fronts. ~600.00

1000.00 for the tireless fronts, rears with R888's as a package deal plus Shipping and Paypal fees
I paid 525.00 for the Hoosiers and they're maybe half gone. 175.00 for the pair plus shipping, fees etc.
Willing to separate.
Prices are Or Best Reasonable Offer.

Here's a picture of the wheels mounted on the car

Here's a video of one of the wheels and a good representation of what all of the wheels look like. I'm doing my best to properly represent these. It's in HD so expand your screen and take a good look.

[yt]k_TlOHDswRI[/YT]

Hoosiers are 335/30/18's

R888's are 335/30/18's

Front wheels

Rear wheels

Nick on the edge and one on the spoke just like it.

Wheel rash chromed over. I bought these like that.

My cell# is 972-741-7457

Tags rims house of wheels hre mini tub mini-tub Iforged

Quick Reply: 18x12" 17x9.5" Chromed C5 Z06 wheels + drag radials