Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Snap-on roll chest and topper (DFW)

Old 08-16-2013, 07:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snap-on roll chest and topper (DFW)

Category: Non-Automotive
Price: $0
Location (State): TX
Item Condition: Used
LS Engine?: Non-LS Part

I am wondering what this thing is worth, it is too big for my needs and i got it at a great deal. I saw a similar model sell for $2000 without the top chest. the bottom brand new was +$7k i believe. and i think the top new is $6k, I will have keys soon. person i got it from is looking for them. Im located in fort worth.

bottom model number is KRL761A i dont know the top number i couldnt see a number for it. maybe its on the inside.

measurements are:
(bottom) 54 1/4" wide, 39 1/2" tall, 24" deep
(top) 54 1/4" wide, 21" tall, 24" deep
(stacked together) 54 1/4" wide, 60 1/2" tall, 24" deep
I am looking to sell this for my new transmission build. heres the pictures, not bad for dings and dents. i am assuming the drawers are good to go as well.

the black marks are from tape that was stuck to it so ill get that cleaned off and post it up after i clean and after i get the keys.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:32 PM
TECH Regular

no idea what this is worth? you dont need to offer im just looking for a good craigslist price, i can make a deal with someone on this site if youre serious. but serious offers.

if i cant get a good price i guess ill just have this for myself and be forced to buy more tools to fill it. haha
Old 08-16-2013, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sick_tight
no idea what this is worth? you dont need to offer im just looking for a good craigslist price, i can make a deal with someone on this site if youre serious. but serious offers.

if i cant get a good price i guess ill just have this for myself and be forced to buy more tools to fill it. haha
Do you know what series the boxes are? Like classic 78, etc. I work at Snap-on at our office that makes the boxes

They look to be a little older models based on the model numbers.

I wouldn't doubt you could get 6-7 for the pair. Lifetime warranties are awesome

Also if you have a snap on franchisee that is in your area you could talk with them and trade what you have in and use it as a credit to get a newer smaller one. People do that all the time. I could find out for you how much credit you would get and what you could get if you would like me to. PM me if that might be the route you want to go.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:46 PM
TECH Regular

pm sent, thanks for a reply.

still would like to know what people here are willing to pay, or what you think is a fair price.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clean them up the best you can and sell them off. Dont try to trade them in for a smaller one unless you like the feeling of having something massive shoved up your ****. AS far as the lifetime warranty?... well Craftsman has a lifetime warranty try bringing a tool back there. I bought a snap on toolbox used, it has a section at the bottom where the sheetmetal has started to rust apart an the seam, and one of the drawers do not open very well at all. I called my Local Snap on guy and he told me the warranty doesnt cover me only applies to the original owner, Then he tried to force a sale on me for a 7000.00 box. I asked him what I would get it I traded it in and I was told 250-400. Sell it and go with a different box! Just my .02 bud, but lately Snap-On has gone the way of most companies as far as standing behind their "lifetime warranty".... THEY DONT!
Old 08-16-2013, 11:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SShep71
Clean them up the best you can and sell them off. Dont try to trade them in for a smaller one unless you like the feeling of having something massive shoved up your ****. AS far as the lifetime warranty?... well Craftsman has a lifetime warranty try bringing a tool back there. I bought a snap on toolbox used, it has a section at the bottom where the sheetmetal has started to rust apart an the seam, and one of the drawers do not open very well at all. I called my Local Snap on guy and he told me the warranty doesnt cover me only applies to the original owner, Then he tried to force a sale on me for a 7000.00 box. I asked him what I would get it I traded it in and I was told 250-400. Sell it and go with a different box! Just my .02 bud, but lately Snap-On has gone the way of most companies as far as standing behind their "lifetime warranty".... THEY DONT!
yeah, im definitely going for cash on these boxes. I just need to know a ball park of what would be a good asking price, say what 2500-3000? ive seen a lot of these going for roughly 2000 so 500-1000 more for the top is a good deal.

ill be able to take the box label off of the front and a lot of the tape residue off of it but im waiting to get the keys so i can clean the whole thing at once.

let me know if youre interested anyone, i havent seen any rust on this yet and im pretty sure the drawers are great, every drawer locks. and the drawer release (under the drawer pull lip) are all there.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

Damn if you were in CA I would shoot you an offer, but the shipping to me would kill it!
Old 08-17-2013, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I agree Snap On warranty has started to suck, they want you to prove you are the original purchaser. Then unless you consistently buy tools from your rep. They always say it is customer abuse of the tool and won't warranty it.

On the boxes if you want a quick sale $1500-$2000 cash. If you have time and patience $2000-$3000 but anyone local will want it in payments. Anyone out of town on a cash deal will probably pass unless it is very cheap due to shipping costs ($400-$750) due to size, making a good deal now a bad deal.

Last edited by lizeec; 08-17-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lizeec
I agree Snap On warranty has started to suck, they want you to prove you are the original purchaser. Then unless you consistently buy tools from your rep. They always say it is customer abuse of the tool and won't warranty it.
Couple things on this. I will actually make a mention of this just to let some of the higher ups know. This is the feed back we look for. However, the only reason you would be denied the warranty is if the rep does not like you, is having a bad day, or whatnot. Yes, the warranty is supposed to apply to only the original owner but that does not stop most people. As far as the customer abuse voiding the warranty, which ever rep told you that is wrong. I have seen things come back that have clearly been tampered with and would be considered "abuse" and they are still given a new tool. It's actually quite funny seeing the things that get returned. Whether they are brand new and I cannot see or find any defects in them or the ridiculous ways people modify them.

I mean no negativity in this comment so if it came off this way it was not intended to be. However, free bump for you for some nice boxes.

I will also work on the thing you asked me about today.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:02 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Streetlegal?
Couple things on this. I will actually make a mention of this just to let some of the higher ups know. This is the feed back we look for. However, the only reason you would be denied the warranty is if the rep does not like you, is having a bad day, or whatnot. Yes, the warranty is supposed to apply to only the original owner but that does not stop most people. As far as the customer abuse voiding the warranty, which ever rep told you that is wrong. I have seen things come back that have clearly been tampered with and would be considered "abuse" and they are still given a new tool. It's actually quite funny seeing the things that get returned. Whether they are brand new and I cannot see or find any defects in them or the ridiculous ways people modify them.

I mean no negativity in this comment so if it came off this way it was not intended to be. However, free bump for you for some nice boxes.

I will also work on the thing you asked me about today.
thanks, I just recieved an email today from snapon concerning the keys so looks like ill be ordering 2 sets each. thanks again for the help, these really are great boxes just would rather have the money for my trans rebuild.

Ill let them both go for $2,500, ill upload more pics once i open them up and wax the whole thing.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

Streetlegal I sent you a PM. Sick_Tight, any idea or chance you can get a shipping quote to 92591 Temecula,CA
Old 08-19-2013, 10:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SShep71
Streetlegal I sent you a PM. Sick_Tight, any idea or chance you can get a shipping quote to 92591 Temecula,CA
Ill have a look, ill get back to you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Snap-on roll chest and topper (DFW)