Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

big ass alternator

Old 10-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big *** alternator

Category: Engine - Electrical
Price: $200
Part Fits: 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro
Location (State): WA
Item Condition: Used
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LT1/LT4
LS Engine?: Non-LS Part

I had posted this on another forum and a member there suggested I post it here. Ive been a member for quite a while and often research things here but dont really post. Theres a link to the original thread as well as copies of the postings.

[U][B]ItItem(s) for Sale: 250 amp dual rectifier GM alternator. Its currently installed in a 95 camaro with an lt1 . cs144 large case. You'll have to check and see if this matches your application. I wont be responsible if it is incompatible with whatever you are trying to install it on.

Alternators produce AC current, just like the current from your house wall outlet. Then it uses a bridge rectifier, typically with 6 diodes, to convert the AC current to DC for the battery and vehicles electrical system. With Dual Rectifiers, you get 12 Diodes, which spreads the current load over a much larger area making the alternator twice as durable and twice as efficient at converting the AC current it makes to DC. The many benefits include: less heat build up, less current loss, higher amperage output when hot, more power at idle. Plus, the service duty and life increases substantially. When the rectifier heats up the diodes won't pass as much amperage through them, therefore, the amperage output drops. With our double rectifier alternator you have twice the amperage carrying capacity and double the cooling surface area to keep the diodes cool. This all adds up to...... MORE POWER, LESS HEAT PROBLEMS and GREATER RELIABILITY.

Item(s) Description/Condition: Ive been using it for a few moths and have had 0 issues with it. I'm going smaller though and wont need it anymore. Its just like this this but the fan is different. The fan make zero difference according to my local alternator guy though. I drilled out the threads on the top of the bracket to work with my stock brackets. On the back bracket I need to grind off a bit to keep it from touching the external rectifier.

CS144 Series 250 amp Extreme Duty Dual Rectifier Alternator

Price: 200 plus shipping and handling For fastest response text 2533593715.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information: If itll fit it will go in a usps flate rate box. paypal only, no echecks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: big ass alternator