Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

LT1 2.9 Whipple

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LT1 2.9 Whipple

Category: Engine - Power Adders
Price: $2700
Part Fits: 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird
Location (State): AL
Item Condition: Brand New
Shipping Information: Item Can be Shipped
Engine: LT1/LT4
LS Engine?: Non-LS Part

Selling my Custom 2.9 Whipple setup off my LT1 f-body, ordered a new 2015 Stingray and I am turning this car back to N/A. I have plenty of pics and if anyone has any questions let me know.

I fitted a large BELL intercooler in the manifold by making the intake manifold "protrude into the lifter valley, from looking at the manifold on the car it only looks about 3 inches tall, but the intercooler is 4.5 inches deep ($500). I used a Magnacharger bypass valve ($150), Edelbrock SBC fuel rails ($100) and I used a SBC single plane intake with EFI bungs to mock up the manifold ($150). Intake has a VERY LARGE intlet I built for the rear entry that's roughly 6" at the whipple entry and 4.5" at the TB with 4.5" tubing feeding the TB. Have to use a 3/8 threaded IAT sensor (FAST/Cyclone IAT) which screws into the front of the manifold (records IAT temp immediately after the rotors discharge) There is an additional 1/4 npt bung (which I used for a Hobbs switch for my second fuel pump) and the coolant feed line with bleeder valve right before it enters the -12AN fitting for the intercooler and exists the rear of the manifold -12an.

Everything has been converted to 8 Rib, I have the part numbers for the pulleys you will need (Powerbond sells an 8rib 7.5" SFI crank pulley for about $200 and you will need to run the speed inc bracket and convert a couple of pulleys to 8 rib (bought the pulleys at advance auto parts)
Alternator pulley needs to be converted to 8 rib, and the pulley cost me $15, I hold belt tension by using a spring loaded tensioner that is 8 rib The front bracket has an opening for whipple oil level (which only needs changed about 100,000 miles compared to prochargers 6,000 mile changes.)

To get the inlet to fit on the drivers side you can run a Factory valvecover or any valvecover that's not tall. The throttle cable I run a Lokar TC and just cut it down to fit.

I used a GM (came off a very low mile supercharged CTSV) coolant pump ($150) which uses a factory type connector (power/ground) with a custom bracket that you can mount anywhere, I mounted mine on the passenger side frame rail. Setup also comes with a large intercooler ($140) on the front that holds at least a gallon of liquid, bolts to the front of the fbody, and has a built in drain valve.

Here are some pictures and a video I took this weekend.
http://vid69.photobucket.com/albums/...ps41511fdb.mp4

Old 07-19-2014, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 07-19-2014, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also, buyer will get the 3.1 Blower pulley in the pictures as well (3.5 is the black pulley on the blower). The TPS and IAC extensions are included as well (hard to see in pics), so no cutting or splicing. I ran the inlet with a Card style MAF, but this setup can be ran in SD too.

Injectors not included (only showed in pics to show fuel rail placement.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool car/set up. Did you end up hitting your goal?

And nice choice on the next ride!
Old 07-20-2014, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ended up losing interest in the car and I moved, so the car has been sitting for a while. Never took it to the track with the whipple, just a little drive time.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

very interested if I can get my v1 sold. Ill let you know what i come up with
Old 07-25-2014, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bump for you LTx guy looking for a PD blower
Old 07-29-2014, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sold.....